Fields Of Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dreaded Arrangement

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

A Dreaded Arrangement  Empty A Dreaded Arrangement

Post by Elle Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Google Document Backup

Elayne's eyes looked at Zelious with shock and surprise as he suggested she was pregnant. She paused as she tried to process that news as she had no idea of that. "But...there was so much blood...unless...maybe there was another child as well? I have heard that mothers can lose one child and have another. It seems twins and triplets do run in the family..." Elayne spoke as she looked at him with sky blue eyes. Elayne sighed as she thought about Zel's plan but agreed with him. "I'm not sure Ailuin would kill the children but definitely treat them horribly...he would absolutely kill you though..." Elayne shook her head at the thought. "We should prepare...for when you raise our child...I won't be there..." Elayne felt a tear stream down her cheek as she rubbed it off. It broke her heart to abandon her child but she knew Zel would protect it with his life.

Callum could tell Lyra was nervous around Adrian and he could understand why. Adrian was cunning and eccentric but he was also a voice to the commoners of the land. Callum trusted him and he hoped one day Lyra would too. Once they were done with the conversation Callum guided Lyra to a more quiet balcony so she could get some air. "You aren't having second thoughts are you? You seem nervous...I wouldn't blame you. Queen is a huge responsibility, I know its weighing on you..." Callum asked as he lifted her chin up to look at him with his good hand.

Leon looked surprised as he was taken aback by that comment. "I-I beg your pardon? I don't know what you mean by that..." Leon stormed off angrily the observation by Ailuin. Ros blend in rather well with the crowd as she walked past them and to a more secluded broom closet with a smirk as she opened the door and walked in to it swinging the coin purse in her fingers. When Ailuin followed in Ros's smile faded. "I have a little tip for you. A group of what seemed to be thieves guild members we're talking about a plot against your family. I would keep my eyes peeled if I were you. Figured you would want to know..." Ros said as she threw bag the coin purse.

"Celia mentioned that you were still pregnant. I was certain that you had lost the baby because it had been so much blood, but it must have just been one we lost. You could have been carrying twins or triplets. There's really no way of telling right now, though. But yes, I don't want anything to happen to you or our remaining children. I refuse to allow tragedy to befall my family a second time. I can't bear the thought of losing the woman I love and the children I helped create. I couldn't handle it a second time. Celia mentioned that once your children with Ailuin are old enough, I could steal you away again permanently this time. You would be free to do whatever you chose." He paused and gently stroked her cheek. "Although Ailuin is their uncle, he still does not know the truth of our relation. He might treat them differently if he knew that we shared the same father, but I am certain his mother still hasn't told him the truth." He gently brushed her tears away, his gaze softening even more.

"It will work out in the end, Elayne. I promise you. I will come for you when your children with Ailuin are old enough to cope without a mother and in the meantime, I will be sure to tell our children about how wonderful of a woman you are." He bent to kiss her cheek and finally handed her the bowl of soup. "You should eat while its still hot. You'll need your strength." He smiled and sat back, enjoying his time with her. He was also enjoying his freedom and chance of being out of the tower for the first time. He wanted nothing more than to steal her away right then but he knew she wasn't ready to make any kind of journey. No, he needed to plan and break out on his own so that Celia could not be blamed in any way.

Lyra seemed to relax once they were alone on the balcony, her gaze lifting towards the heavens to gaze up at the sky. She breathed in the fresh, clean air before turning towards him and smiled at him. She shook her head, stepping towards him and placing a hand on his cheek. "Of course not, my love. I'm just not used to all of the attention. It will take some getting used to, is all. I've pledged myself to you, Callum, and I have no intention of forsaking you or the duties of queen." She then paused, tilting her head slightly. "Are you sure you're not having second thoughts? Not only am I an elf, but I am also a commoner. Are you certain you want me for a queen? The people will judge you for your actions."

Ailuin could tell that he had angered Leon by calling him out like that, but it couldn't be helped and honestly, he wasn't too worried about it. Instead, he resumed in his chase of Ros. He looked around to make sure no one was watching before he slipped into the broom closet with Ros. "A plot against my family? What kind of plot?" His smile faltered at her words, a worried frown tugging at his lips. This did not bode well with the Elven king and he couldn't help but worry for his family. "Do you know who they are targeting? And when?" He caught the coin purse, fixing it back to his side.

Meanwhile, a certain noblewoman had been watching the exchange between the Elven king and Leon. She hadn't been close enough to hear what had set off the prince, but it was clear that the king had said something to anger him. She couldn't help but be curious as she moved through the crowd and after Leon. She purposely slipped from the crowd and bumped into him, playing it off as an accident. "Oh! I'm so sor-- Leon, is that you?" Anja questioned, looking up at him innocently as if she hadn't just purposely bumped into him. It was the easiest way for her to get him to stop and it was most amusing to her. "It's been awhile. My, you seem to have grown even more handsome than the last time I saw you. How have you been? I heard that you were in the Elven kingdom all of this time."
Elle
Elle
Admin

https://fields-of-elysium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Dreaded Arrangement  Empty Re: A Dreaded Arrangement

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Elayne sighed softly as Zelious mentioned Ailuin not knowing the truth. Ailuin knows...I couldn't help it. I thought if I could just reason with him maybe he would see what I saw...what he saw was more different than what I had intended. Instead he knows of our affair...I didn't want it to happen that way." Elayne said as see stared at the soup with a saddened expression. "He'll never let me see you...not unless I...unless you steal me away ." Elayne's tears fell into the soup but she didn't bother to remove it or eat. "I'll never be able to go to you." Elayne whimpered slightly as she didn't bother looking at Zelious.

Callum's expression changed to a serious yet determined look as he cupped her cheek and pulled her close to him while his gaze locked to her's. "My Lady, I will never back down from my oath to you. I will love you, protect you, and support you til my last breath. There are no second thoughts in my mind." Callum said before leaning down to press his lips to hers gently yet passionately. He pulled away with a smile and held her waist still as he continued to gaze at her. "You'll have a busy day tomorrow. As future Queen, you will have to choose which cause to bring awareness to the city. You will also have tea with my sisters and the surrounding royal ladies for a bridal shower since we intend to marry before my crowning ceremony. Elayne...has no choice but to be there despite what she wants." Callum sighs as he looked away troubled about his sister.

"Elayne means well... She just... she's overprotective of her family. You cannot blame her for being mistrustful and angry at my decision. She may hate you for a while. She may be rude and cold to you. She may even try her hardest to make you second guess your decision. You don't let her." Callum says as he caressed her face lovingly. Callum knew Lyra could handle this but he knew it was best to prepare her. "This world...its not like your life among the elves. Elves are more honest and cooperative with others. Humans are stubborn, complex, and...we can be quite selfish...even me." Callum said with a sigh as he looks at her. "Never falter from what you feel is right. Never let anyone wear you down. Once you do here...they will rule you instead of you ruling them." Callum said seriously as Delia walked into the balcony. "Cal, we have a problem. I held it off for the feast but I can't no longer. Word is spreading and I cannot repel the rumors for long. Quinton took off to climb one of the towers for peace and quiet. He fell off...the healers don't know if he'll pull through. Quinn is always so sure-footed when climbing...it just makes no sense." Delia said with a hurt look in her eyes. "Tell our guests we'll return if they ask. Come, my Lady." Callum said as he held Lyra's hand gently and begun to walk fast enough for her to keep up as guards surrounded them to guide them to the healer ward.

"No idea, I heard very little when I was on my knees..." Ros said with a shameless look on her face. "I will say one of them was quite hung but...not comparable to you, your Grace...but I don't think that helps you. All I can tell you is they wear interesting masks. The mask of a wolf...and they were saying something about a wedding...word spread that there was a wedding set for the King..." Ros said as she sat on a crate in what it seemed to not be a closet but storage room. "Its nice isn't it. All the guests out there...and not knowing what's going on in here if you were to mount me here..." Ros said with a mischievous grin.

Leon was about to leave when he was unfortunately stopped by a bump into Anja Shadesong. "No my Lady, the fault is with me. I am very well thank you and I hope you are well. If you'll excuse me..." Leon said with a very short temper before walking away from her in a huff. Of course, Poppy Riverflower was behind Anja. "I guess my sister is not the only one trying to court with a Drakestone...do you really want to go that route? Leon flits from one woman to the next like a bee to honey...You'd be better off with someone of lower class..." Poppy snickered before walking away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Zelious paused and lifted his blue gaze to meet her own, a look of surprise flashing across his features at those words. "He knows?" He asked, even though he knew the answer to his question. After all, she had just confirmed it. He sighed softly and cupped her cheek in his hand. "Elayne, you could not have known he would not take it well. I don't blame you for telling him. But I will not allow him to keep you from me. I will come for you and I will take you away. I would do it now, but it's not fair to your first three children. As soon as they are old enough, I will come back for you. I swear it." He bent to kiss her forehead, wanting her to know that he loved her and would never give up on her. "I know you're not hungry and don't have the stomach for it, but you need to eat. You need your strength, for the sake of our children. So please, eat for me and let's not talk about this matter. It will only stress you out."

He brushed her hair from her face and pressed another kiss to the top of her head before settling down beside her so that he could keep watch. He didn't want her to be upset. They should enjoy the time that was given to them with him being out of that miserable tower. It was going to be hard coming back to it. He didn't want to be locked up in that tower, unable to use his magic or do what he pleased. He couldn't even dress as he wanted. The only reason he had somewhat decent clothes and not rags was because of Elayne. He was quite grateful to her. She really was a blessing.

Lyra smiled, unable to help but tear up at his words. They meant a lot to her and made her feel happy, knowing that he would not give up on her and forsake her. She didn't want to be alone again. In fact, she didn't think she could handle it. She leaned up to meet his kiss, a tear falling down her cheek. "Your words make me so happy, Callum." She then paused, knowing that he was right. She was not looking forward to tomorrow but she was no coward. She would face the day and the ladies that she would be forced to play along with. She could handle it, but it was Elayne that worried her. The woman had made no effort to hide her disdain for her and if she had it her way, Elayne would have her killed. It wasn't a pleasant feeling, knowing that your future sister-in-law wanted you dead for something that was done in the past.

She had made her amends and made up for actions, but Elayne had yet to see that. Still, Lyra wasn't going to give up. If only for the sake of Callum. "Don't worry, my love. I will not bend to their wills. I will hold my head high and not give up. I will prove myself to your sister and your people, that I mean what I say and that I am going to be a good queen to them. I will not fail you, my love, not after all you have done for me. You have shown me kindness and love, something that I never thought I would receive again after the death of my husband and my exile from the Elven lands. You have given me hope when there was none."

Lyra paused, glancing over as Delia made an entrance. Her expression changed from adoration towards her future husband to curiosity at the presence of his sister who looked quite troubled about something. She fell silent, allowing the Delia to speak without interruption. At the news of Quinton, she gasped and covered her mouth with her hands, tears pricking the corners of her eyes. That was terrible news and she couldn't imagine how Callum was feeling. She lowered her hands and placed a hand on his arm. "I hope that he will be all right..." She let her hand fall and allowed him to grab ahold of it to lead her away from the balcony so that they could and check on the little lord.

Ailuin frowned, troubled by this news. To know that someone wanted to do harm to his family did not sit well with him. The fact that Ros didn't have much to tell him was also troubling. Still, he didn't blame her and he did appreciate her giving him a head's up. "I will have to have someone look into this matter. I will talk to my mother and see what she makes of this. If anything, she will know what to do and security will be tightened around my family." He paused and looked at her, rewarding her with a smile. "I thank you for this warning, Ros. You did not have to tell me, but you did. And I thank you for it." He then paused, listening to her words. She was right. If they were to partake in sexual pleasure, none would be the wiser. It was tempting and it was hard of him to resist that temptation, but he needed to warn his mother so that effort could be made to keep the Elven family safe.

"Ros, as much as I would love to do that with you, I must make use of the time that I have to make sure that my family is safe. Perhaps, when this is all over, we might partake again." He bowed to her, placing a hand on his chest. "Thank you again for your warning. I will make use of it and ensure that no harm comes to my family."

Anja blinked, knowing that it was not his fault at all. After all, she had planned it when bumping into him. Still, he didn't seem very interested in talking with her and she couldn't help but be a little miffed and offended. After all, all of the other men were quite interested in her. Why wasn't he? She was just about to chase after him and attempt conversation again when she noticed Poppy. She turned to face the other woman, a scowl forming as she regarded her. "Perhaps I do want to go that route. After all, he is a challenge and I do so love a good challenge. You're welcome to say what you want, but at least my brother didn't come to this event with a whore." She smirked, calling after Poppy. She was not about to let that annoying woman get away with the last word.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Aire kissed Ilyana on the cheek as everyone was talking among each other with glint. "Love, I'll be back. I think I should go check on Queen Elayne. She's had quite the day and I fear for her health slightly. I won't dally. I know you two are...not on good terms but it is my duty. I know it's hard for you to hear...but I don't believe she spoke the truth in ill will. Maybe she had good intention...try to seek it in your heart to forgive her. She's just a child still. Not even a century old like us." Aire said with a smile as he pressed his lips to her forehead. He then turned to find a secluded spot. Celia was too busy to notice Aire walking away. When Aire was alone he then teleported to the little house on the beach side. He walked in to find Zelious and Elayne. His brow furrowed but he did not seem to get defensive.

"I see, so I guess your words of reconciliation to Ailuin is just an act? Well, I have no part in it." Aire said as he walked over to Elayne to examine her. "Your stress level is through the roof and you're expecting a child...this is not good." He said as he ignored Zelious completely. "You knew?" Elayne asked in bewilderment. "Of course, when you have been in my practice for over a million years you pick up certain details. Weight gain, excessive crying, necessary anger, enlargement in the chest, back aches, Shall I go on?" Aire said as Elayne blushed and shook her head "no" as he continued to examine her. "How long will I show?" Elayne asked fearfully as Aire sighed, knowing where this was going. "Three months at least. I take it you have a plan? Good. Do it before then. Don't wait too long." Aire said as he then let her go. "I can give you something to calm you. It won't hurt you or the baby. It might make you drowsy but you'll be much more calmer until we go home..." Aire said as he summoned a vial of little seeds. "Crush one of these and mix them into a drink once a day." Aire said as he gave it to her. "As for Ailuin, I love him like a son. I just hope you two make the best decision...One that does not hurt Ailuin further. He's had enough pain of his own. More than you know, Elayne." Aire says with a disappointed voice yet soft and velvety.

Poppy smirked with a spiteful glint in her eye as Anja tried to ridicule her brother. "At least my brother isn't dead...Both actually made it out the war." Poppy said with a hiss before walking away swiftly so Anja would have to yell to hear her which Anja wouldn't dare make a scene and Poppy knew that. Poppy waltzed around the room, scanning for Ingrid with a sneer. She then walked over to see Lila was talking to Ingrid about the many riches that Hawthorne had brought back from the dry plains of Centaurian lands. "Hello Mother! Lady Shadesong, it is an honor to see you again. You look lovely tonight." Poppy curtsied sweetly as Lila wrapped an arm around her fifth child. "Oh darling, I saw you talking with Ingrid's daughter...Ana was it?" Lila asked as Poppy smiled and laughed. "Oh mother, I'm sorry Lady Ingrid. She has horrible memory. She once called me Tigerlily by accident. Its Anja, Mother. I was just speaking to Anja and seemed real taken with Prince Leon. Wouldn't they be a lovely match? The white Tiger and the Lion?" Poppy giggled as Lila looked a little worrisome at Ingrid. "Well...Leon is quite...handsome...and brave...." Lila tried to compliment Leon in the best way possible but everyone knew he was trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Ilayana looked over at Aire, a frown tugging at her lips. She knew that as a healer, it was his duty to look after those that needed. Although she was displeased with Elayne currently, deep down she still cared. So, she didn't try to stop him. "All right, but try not to linger too long. I will miss you too much," She said with a mischievous smile on her lips before turning her attention elsewhere. Zaleria and Elas were beside her, deep in a discusion that Ilayana was quite interested in. After the feast, Zaleria had tracked down her lover and brought him to the festivities. Elas, unfortunately, was quite displeased at being found and dragged here but made no move to leave. Not that Zaleria would let him now that she had a good grip on him. So, he was forced to bear it. Ilayana couldn't help but be amused.

The sound of footsteps captured Zelious's attention and he tensed, unsure if it was Celia or someone else. When he saw who it was, he paused and stared at Aire. He knew quite well who he was. After all, Aire had been a healer for a long time. He was even older than his own father and had served the royal family for quite some time. "It's not an act. She does want to reconcile with him, but she still loves me as well. I'm only here because I was needed." He scowled at Aire, not enjoying the fact that the older elf was ignoring him. He kept by Elayne's side, but stayed out of Aire's way. He fell silent, knowing that if he did not do so, he might say something he regretted. After all, once upon a time, Aire had treated him with kindness. But he had made no move to stop Taeral from his actions against Zelious. He was just as much to blame as his father, for the sole fact that he had done nothing to stop it when he could have counseled his father. He made sure that Aire wasn't doing anything to harm Elayne, keeping watch in case he decided to do something. When he pulled out the vial, he stood and stepped towards Aire. "What is that?" He asked only to scowl when he was ignored.

At the comment about Ailuin, Zelious couldn't help but snort. "Oh, you love him like a son, do you? Didn't you say the same to me? And yet, you did nothing when my family was murdered and I was exiled by my father. Will you continue to 'love' my brother when he does something that acts against your interest, Aire? Or will you treat him like you treated me? I hope, for Ailuin's sake, that you actually care about him." He then paused, crossing his arms over his chest and glared at Aire. "You're done, so leave. She doesn't need you any longer."

Anja froze at those words, a mixture of emotions swirling up within her at that. She knew that Poppy was trying to get a rise out of her, but she would be damned if she let that witch see the satisfaction of her reaction. She schooled her face into a mask of indifference and made no move to reply, instead turning on her heel and stalking off in the opposite direction to fume in silence while trying not to think about the truth of the matter. Poppy was right. Berric was dead. He didn't make it out of this war and she was never going to see her strong, caring older brother again. The one that she had always looked up to. Meanwhile, Ingrid was suffering in silence while trying to be polite and listen to what Lila was talking about. As Poppy made her entrance, Ingrid sent a silent prayer of thanks to the Gods. "Hello, Poppy. You look quite lovely as well," She said, forcing a smile. Ingrid had no love for the Riverflorians, after all, but at least Poppy wasn't as terrible to listen to as Lila.

As Lila got her daughter's name wrong, she had to force herself not to correct the other matriarch. Fortunately, Poppy did that for her. However, Ingrid was not expecting what came next. Her eyes widened in surprise at the word of Anja talking to Leon. Everyone knew that boy was trouble and Ingrid had told her children, numerous times, to stay away from him. The fact that Anja had disobeyed her did not sit well with her. She knew of her daughter's feelings for the boy and had tried to discourage her and guide her into liking someone else. Unfortunately, Anja had inherited Asgeir's stubbornness. "Is that so? Well, that reminds me. I've just thought of something that I need to tell my daughter, so if you'll excuse me.." She trailed off and then walked away, not waiting for a response.

She sought Anja out and quickly cornered her, placing a hand on her middle daughter's arm. The red haired Shadesong was caught by surprise and jumped at her mother's touch, turning around to smile charmingly at her mother, but Ingrid was in no mood for nonsense and cut straight to the chase. "Anja, I was just informed that you were speaking to Prince Leon. I trust, however, that they were mistaken. After all, have I not told you to stay away from that cursed boy?" Anja froze before her features darkened. She had no doubt that Poppy had spoken to her mother. That witch! "Mother, I ran into him on accident and was just congratulating him on his brother's marriage. That's all." Ingrid narrowed her eyes and tugged her daughter along to a quieter area. "Anja, you must stop this nonsense. You know of his reputation. What good does chasing him give you? Granted he notices you, he won't love you. He's not meant for love. He's nothing but trouble and a drunk. He's a disgrace to the Drakestone name and you would do well to remember that and stay away from him." Anja narrowed her eyes at her mother and shoved her arm off of him. "You may be my mother, but you do not own me. I will talk to whom I wish as I please," She snapped before storming away before Ingrid could do anything else. That damned Poppy.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Aire perked his ear at that one last thing Zelious said and turned with stern grey eyes at him. This wasn't the first time Aire has given Zelious "the Stare" before. He had done this many times with many royal children when they acted out of line. "You hope for Ailuin's sake? And here I thought you hated Ailuin and wanted to over throw him..." Aire said with a calm tone that was also eerily unsettling. "Zelious, I had no idea your father would go as far as to killing your family. I told you to leave far away with them. You did not listen to my warning and you knew of your father's disdain for humans. I warned there would be consequences if you kept them in our lands when you asked for my advice to help your wife bare her children. Perhaps its time you take blame in yourself instead of others. You know where I was at the time? Helping a child who had contracted a vicious disease that nearly killed him, among other things I do besides help royalty." Aire said with a sigh.

"Zelious, what did you expect me to do? I am a healer. Not a miracle worker. My trade is my healing and with my gift I can do many things to save and protect the people. I have taught many my skills to heal and passed it down for many elves who prevented lives being lost. We choose our battles, mine was to either turn on the king and die or to quietly hate him and continue my good work. I prayed and hoped the next king would be a benevolent one after the day he killed your family and exiled you. Do you not remember a mixture of herbs and other goods I left in your one bag they allow exiles to carry when cast out? Normally no one ever got as much as food and water." Aire says with a frown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 pm

As Aire finally turned towards him, acknowledging him, he met that stern stare with defiant blue eyes. The last time he had been faced with that stare, he had been much younger and willing to back down. He was older now and not about to back down when he felt that he was right. He then paused, a scowl forming as he glared at Aire. It figured that he would notice his slip of the tongue and comment on it. "I used to hate him, yes. I hate him more than anything because he had that which had once belonged to me. I was born first, I should have become king. But I was exiled and I lost all right to take the throne. Yes, for a time I did want to overthrow him, but I am older now and I don't want that. It wasn't Ailuin's fault that he was born and I know I shouldn't hate him for it. He's a good king, but he's still young. In a way, I do care about him. He is, after all, my half brother. My only brother." He paused and then fell silent, looking away because he remembered that Aire had indeed warned him.

If he had listened to Aire, perhaps his family would still be alive. But then he would have never met Elayne. It was a complicated situation, but he knew that he could not go back in time to fix his errors. He could only live with them and hope to do better. "You think I don't blame myself for their deaths? If I had taken them away, they would have lived. But I underestimated my father's hatred for humans, even though I knew how he felt about them after the death of my mother. I had hoped that because I was his son, he would spare them. If only for my sake. But I was wrong. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and I will probably continue to do so. Perhaps my anger towards you is unjust. If you had tried to stop my father, he would have killed you. That was the kind of man he was. A heartless monster. I did not know that it was you who helped me." He then feel silent, glancing at Elayne.

"I don't want to hurt Ailuin, but I will do anything to keep Elayne and my children safe. I will not lose my family again." He moved to sit down beside her, taking the uneaten bowl of soup from her hands and placing it on the bedside table. "If you truly do care, you won't say a word to Ailuin about my children."

Anja did not look back as she stalked away from her mother, ignoring Ingrid's calls for her to come back. She left the great hall, tired of the festivities and wanting to find somewhere quiet to gather her thoughts and calm down. She couldn't believe her mother had said those things about Leon. It wasn't the first time she had spoken ill of the prince, but Anja had finally had enough. If her mother and all of those others who looked down on him could see how much he tried to be a good person, they would realize that he was suffering too. As she fumed in silence, her feet carried her automatically to one of her favorite places in the castle: the library. Anja had always enjoyed reading books and losing herself in the adventures and old history. Not to mention, it had always been a great place to hide from her parents when her mother insisted on her studies.

So Anja was not surprised when she came to a halt in front of the library doors, wasting no time in opening them and slipping inside. She breathed in the smell of musty tomes and basked in the silence of the room. Yes, this was the perfect place to calm down and relax.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 pm

"I had not intended to tell Ailuin anything. Do you think Elayne is the first queen to have a lover in her bed while I have examined her? Then you know nothing." Aire said as he walked away from them. Elayne turned to him with a sigh as she caressed his face. "Are you alright?" She asked as she worried about her lover and his troubled past. She knew how it effected him and how much he struggled to talk about it. Elayne grabbed his hand and kissed his knuckles soothingly knowing he was upset. "This wont be like last time..." She said to him knowing full well he was fearing it would. "Even if Ailuin found out... he could never kill me. I just fear for you...because he might kill you..." Elayne sighed as she reached up to touch his hair and then kissed him softly.

Leon was sitting in an arm chair by the fireplace with a cup of mead by his side. He was reading on old tales of his family curiously as he tried to wind down from the day. As he read a dog walked in and barked softly for Leon's attention. "Hey Squire, seems like you got through the war unscathed and unharmed huh?" Leon smiled at the shaggy mutt. Quinton had picked him off the streets and had been the family dog for a while. "Come here for some peace of mind? Yeah...me too. I'm tired of the same old looks...with Vaeri...it was different. The kingdom was a nice break from everyone calling me a monster behind my back. Now its back to the same thing...at least I can sleep with women again. Elves don't even have pleasure houses..." Leon sighed as he got comfortable. "I'm just tired of people bringing up my past...I'm tired of being treated with sympathy...I'm tired of people remembering i ate another person." Leon sighed as he took a big gulp from his cup as the shaggy mutt whimpered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Zelious relaxed as soon as Aire had left, feeling more at ease now that it was just the two of them. He looked at Elayne and offered her a slight smile. "I'm fine. I do feel better knowing that he didn't know that my father had planned to kill my wife and children as I had originally thought. He was much kinder to me than my father ever was, even before my mother was killed. The reason my father hated humans so much was because it was a human that assassinated my mother. In a way, I don't blame my father but he did not have to take it to the extreme as he did." He fell silent as she spoke, blue eyes watching her. "I'm not scared of him, Elayne. In a fight, I would win. I am older and more powerful than him. The only way he could kill me was if he held you hostage and used you against me." He cupped her cheek and leaned in to her kiss, holding onto her.

Anja stepped further into the library, unaware that she was not alone as originally thought. After all, everyone was off celebrating. Why would anyone be in here, keeping company with the ancient tomes? As she went deeper into the library, she paused at the sound of someone talking. Curious, she followed the sound of the voice and peered around a bookshelf, spotting Leon. She froze, having not expected to find him there. She didn't mean to eavesdrop on his conversation with the dog, but it couldn't be helped. She frowned at his words, debating on whether or not to say anything. She had a feeling he wouldn't take kindly to her presence. Especially after how he had blown her off earlier. She hid behind the bookcase, leaning against it and stared up at the ceiling. It figured that the one guy she wanted to be noticed by didn't even notice her. In fact, he probably thought she was just like all of the rest.

Still, hiding behind a bookshelf wasn't going to get him to notice her. So, she took a moment to steady herself before stepping out into the open. "Hello, Prince Leon. I'm sorry for intruding on you, but I didn't know you were in here. Forgive me, but I did not mean to overhear your conversation with the dog but I did. I just want you to know that not everyone thinks you're a monster or looks at you with pity. I, myself, do not think you are a monster. I think, that like everyone else, that you're only human. I hope that you will forgive me for my boldness, but I just wanted to let you know that." She curtsied, gaze lowered to the floor. "I will find somewhere else to clear my mind."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Elayne rolled her eyes at Zelious and punched him gently in the arm. "You are too cocky for your own good, Zelious. For once, would you just listen to me? I already have to deal with everyone else not listening to me..." Elayne sighed before leaning into him and nuzzling against his neck. "You can't be like this with our child..." Elayne said firmly. "Everything is dangerous...everything is an enemy. You can't always trust your strength and magic when danger arises. You must also trust your wits. If you even have any..." Elayne teasingly says before she sighs. "Why couldn't I have met you first?Our lives would have been more simple..." Elayne held onto him tightly and breathed in his scent, savoring it knowing it would be a while before she would see him again.

Callum raced into the medical ward with Lyra hand in hand as the guards circled them and halted outside the ward. Callum then noticed Rosaria and stopped. "Lady Rosaria, I'm sorry you had to witness such trauma tonight...I'm sorry for everything." Callum sighed before an Elven Healer returned. from behind the curtain. "How is he?" Callum asked with clear worry in his voice. Callum was usually calm in most situations but he wasn't prepared for this. "We couldn't save his left eye...but we know of a way to replace it. It may not be perfect. He'll need a special eye glass to see from it but it will at least help him have decent vision. We removed the torn eye. He also broke his arm but other than that he should be fine. That is...if he wakes up without having serious head trauma. I believe he'll pull through. He's young and boys his age tend to spring back fast." The healer tried to reassure him but Callum didn't feel so reassured.

"Your Grace, if we may, you are needed to bid your guests farewell." A guard said to him as Callum looked at with Rosaria with guilt in his eyes. He knew it was his fault for what happened to Quinton. "Lyra, could you please do so in my stead? You should get practice in it regardless if you're going to become Queen. I must stay with my brother til he wakes. Then...he can go back with Ailuin for his studies...Maybe I was wrong to choose his life for him...if being in Elvhenan was what he truly wanted." Callum said as he turned back to the Healer. "May Lady Rosaria and I see him?" He asked her as she looked surprised but nodded. "We just patched him up. Follow me..." She said as she opened the curtain.

Delia put a hand to Lyra's back to guide her away. "Its best we leave Callum be...Shall we go my Lady?" Delia said as she watched Callum approach Rosaria. He held a hand out to the Princess if she would allow him to help her rise. When the healer led them to see Quinton, he was laying peacefully in bed with his eye bandaged and his arm in a brace. Callum sat down with a heavy sigh. "This...is my fault. I should have been more patient. I just...I wanted so bad to be a better father figure to him than ours was. I wanted him to safe...instead I involuntarily threw him int danger...He would never have fell..." Callum felt like breaking down.

Leon jumped at the sound of Anja Shadesong speaking and tried to expose his expression of defensiveness. "Not everyone...but enough people do and enough people cower from me. Only strangers who do not know or the whores who need the coin. Not everyone, but the right people who insist I am a monster." Leon says as he sits back in the chair and stares at her. "Doesn't your mother think less of me? You think I don't hear it? How I'm a lecherous drunken fool with too much pride?" Leon says as his own long and luscious locks of gold fade into the fiery colors of his curse. Leon's hair always changed to red when he was too sober.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:22 pm

"Perhaps I am cocky, but you are right. I should definitely be more careful and not overestimate myself. After all, Ailuin could surprise me. I've never actually seen him fight," Zelious said, his expression softening as he gazed at her. "I promise to take your words to heart, but I vow to you that I won't allow him to kill me. I will also do everything in my power to protect our children. I refuse to lose my family again." He leaned down to press a kiss against her forehead before pulling away to smile at her. "I do have wits, you know. How do you think I've stayed alive? For the first hundred years, my father sent assassins after me, hoping to wipe out the stain that was his first child. Of course, they weren't successful. The assassins stopped when he died, though." He reached out and touched her cheek. "I too wish that we could have met first. We would not be sitting here in this cottage, fretting about my half brother. Your children would be my children and we would be expecting more. We would be so much happier than we are now. But unfortunately, we cannot rewrite the past. We can only move forward."

Rosaria looked up at the approach of Callum and his intended, her hands lifting to quickly wipe her tears away from her face so that she could be composed in front of them. Any anger towards Callum for his actions had faded, replaced with worry and dread towards Quinton. "It's quite all right, your grace. You did not know something like this would happen so there is no need to apologize." She then noticed Lyra, recognizing her as the former handmaiden for her younger sister and also the one responsible for Ailuin being poisoned. The white haired princess look confused to see her here with the king. "Hello, Lyra. I was not expecting to see you here," She said, no hint of malice or ill will showing on her features. Lyra smiled nervously. "Hello, princess." Rosaria then turned her attention elsewhere as the healer approached. She was anxious to hear what the healer had to say.

Both elven females were silent as Callum talked to the healer, but Rosaria looked relieved to know that his injuries weren't too severe. Yes, losing an eye was serious but he would survive without it and a broken arm would heal. She just hoped that he would pull through and eventually awaken. Perhaps then he could tell them what had happened. Lyra looked over as the guard approached, mentioning that it was time to bid the guests farewell. A look of surprise showed on her face when Callum turned to her and asked her if she would do so in his stead. She suddenly felt nervous, unsure if she would be able to do a good job. Still, she didn't want to disappoint him. "Of course, my love. I will see you soon." She moved to kiss his cheek before stepping away and allowing Delia to guide her away. "Yes, let's go."

Rosaria switched her attention to Callum as he approached, her gaze lowering to his hand before she took it and stood with his help. She then walked with him as the healer led the way to Quinton. As soon as she saw him, she moved to his side and gently took his hand, making sure not to touch the broken arm. She then looked at Callum, shaking her head. "It's not your fault, not really. You were just trying to look out for him. He just didn't see that and got upset, thinking you were being cruel and inconsiderate of his feelings. Please, do not blame yourself, your grace." She then paused, a slight smile tugging at her lips. "I think Quinton will like that very much. He was so upset about not being able to stay. I tried to comfort him about it, but he wouldn't really listen."

Anja looked up at him, surprised for but a moment before she shook her head. "So what if they do? You and I both know you're not a monster. Your family knows you're not a monster. The ones who are important know. The ones who aren't important and think of you as such aren't important. Forget what they say, my prince." She then paused as he brought up her mother. "Yes, my mother has warned me several times not to go near you but she doesn't understand. She doesn't know you. And I don't care what she thinks. I don't agree with the rumors. I think you're just a man who is suffering and not a fool. We all make mistakes." She noticed his hair beginning to change color and immediately crossed the distance between them. She knelt down in front of him, placing a hand on his leg. "You're a better person than you think you are."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Elayne nodded in agreement with Zelious as she leaned in to kiss him. He always put her mind at ease and made her felt protected. She never had to explain he emotions to him, he just understood them without confusion like Ailuin. It wasn't long before Celia showed up and stood at the door."Its time...the feast is ending and Zelious should be back before Ailuin comes." Celia said with a sympathetic look as she could see Elayne tear up. "I don't wan't you to leave..." She whimpered as she held onto Zelious. "I can't be strong without you..." Elayne cried as Celia slowly approached. "Zelious..." Celia said as she knew he would think about taking her away now. "We must go...we need time to prepare...if we do it now, it could all go wrong. You know its true..." Celia made sure to reason with him.

Leon gazed down at her and paused. "I don't remember the person I was...that person...people used to respect. For a time after my battle in the war, people pretended to respect me. People think they know the real story. They think I butchered him to pieces and ate him like a steak. That wasn't even the furthest from the truth..." Leon said as he gazed into the fireplace. "His name was Kennith, he was just a few years younger then I. Thirteen, I believe. We had been treading those woods in the elven lands for days. Kennith was so tired he feel down the hill and off the ledge. I tried to help him. I even got myself stuck on the ledge with him. We couldn't climb out and I was so hungry I couldn't transform." Leon said as he looked at her fearfully. he never did explain the whole truth because it was easier to pretend he was a monster. "Kennith's leg broke, bone right through the skin. He was bleeding out but I tried to mend him. After day three...he knew it was his end. He told me to spare him more suffering...to feed on him so I could get out. We knew it was the only way... so I did. It was quick...I made sure of that. I wanted to throw him back up....it was the most vile thing I ever did. But I knew it was all I could do to survive." Leon whimpered as tears fell down his face. He then turned to the drink and gulped it down to numb the pain. "He was just a boy...no more older than Quinton....I murdered him to stay alive..." Leon said as he hid his face in his hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:33 pm

Zelious kissed her back, his lips moving over hers sensually. He loved her so very much and was not looking forward to parting from her again. He wanted to steal her away now, take her far away from these lands and keep her safe. But he knew that he couldn't. Not yet, at least. He needed time to prepare and to plan on how he was going to do it. He parted from the kiss as Celia returned, a somber look on his features. "Very well. I do not feel like dealing with Ailuin right now and it's best I don't face him while he's still vulnerable. He would probably do something rash like try to kill me which would only make matters worse." He turned his attention back to Elayne, wiping her tears away. "It will only be for a little while, love. You can do this, I know you can. You're stronger than you think, Elayne." He glanced back at Celia. "Don't worry. I know I can't take her now. You're right. We need time to prepare. I do not want to act hastily and muck up our chance for escape. If we mess up, Ailuin would make sure not to give us another chance." He grabbed Elayne's hand and kissed it. "I love you. Be strong. I know you can do it." He then let go of her hand and stood up. "I'm ready to go."

Anja gazed up at him, remaining on her knees before him with her hand lightly touching his knee to comfort him. She was quiet as he told the story about the boy he had eaten. She had never heard the true story, but she had definitely not thought that he had butchered him and ate like a steak. She knew that he had had no choice but to eat him. Once he was finished, she leaned up, reaching with both her hands to touch his hands and gently pull them away from his face if he allowed her. "It wasn't your fault, Leon. You had to do it." She then paused, thinking for a moment. "You say that you don't remember the person that you were before, but I do. I remember when I was thirteen, I was exploring by myself in the wilderness. A blizzard started up unexpectedly and I tried to head home before it got too bad. Due to the storm, however, I got lost and couldn't find my way back. I remember sitting in the snow, thinking that I would never see my family again or tell them how sorry I was for disobeying their orders. They always warned me not to wander too far by myself, but I didn't listen.

As I sat there in the snow, I heard a noise and I looked up, only to see a massive lion. I knew it wasn't an ordinary lion. After all, why would a lion be wandering around in a blizzard? No, it was you. As soon as you had heard that I was missing, you took off by yourself to try and find me. I was so relieved to see you and couldn't help but hug you when you reached me. You tried to help me home but the blizzard got worse and we had no choice but to try and find shelter. We found a cave and decided to wait for the storm to pass so that you could take me home. I was frozen at that point, having been out in the cold for a long time before you had found me. We didn't have any wood to start a fire, so you kept me warm. You curled around me and lent me your body heat and I couldn't help but feel warm and safe. I fell asleep while waiting for the storm to pass and you kept watch, keeping me safe and warm.

When the storm finally passed, you woke me up. My father and a search party had found us. My father was overjoyed that you had found me and kept me safe. Leon, if it wasn't for you, I would have died in that blizzard. I owe my life to you. You were so brave and strong, always wanting to help people out, no matter the difficulty. That's just the kind of person you were. And I know, that deep down, you are still that person. You are still that brave, strong man. You don't see it, but I do." She smiled softly at him, cupping his cheek and brushing her thumb soothingly against it. "So, no... you're not a monster."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Elayne jumped up to turn him around. She placed her hands on his neck to lower his lips to her's passionately. She kissed him for a long moment, savoring the taste of him on her lips. "Don't you dare leave me without a kiss..." Elayne said with a smile even though tears fell from her eyes. She then backed off him and back onto the bed as Celia approached. Celia grabbed Zelious's shoulder as they teleported to his tower. She then removed the decoy of Zelious and sighed as she stood there awkwardly. "If I can...I'll try to bring her to you for brief periods of time. No more then ten minutes but that's all I can do before the elves can detect my magic." Celia said before turning around to leave. "She loves you...more than I've seen her love anyone..." Celia said before fading away. Elayne laid with her back away from the door on her side. She dared not look at Ailuin when he would enter the room.

Leon stared at her as she mentioned the time he saved her. Had had forgotten it since everything that has happened to him. "Father insisted we wasted no time trying. Said you were dead already when Ingrid begged for him to call a search party. I couldn't...bare your family that pain if no one tried. Berric wanted to go but it was treason. I convinced him to let me go because father would go easier on me." Leon said with a slight smile and a chuckle. "I think your mother was quite annoyed she had to thank me. She always thought I was trouble..." Leon laughed and then sighed. "I was so relieved to find you too." He said as he looked at her. "I remember we used to play in our forms. Your mother hated when I got rough with you when we wrestled." Leon winked at her as was curious of he could still beat her in a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Zelious was surprised when she jumped up and turned him around. He opened his mouth to question her, but the words were lost as her lips met his. He kissed her back, pulling her close and threading his fingers in her soft hair. As the kiss ended, he smiled at her, amused by her words. "To be fair, I kissed your hand," He said, teasing her though he knew what she meant. "Don't worry, we'll be back together before you know it, Elayne." He winked at her before turning his attention to Celia and giving her a nod. He glanced back at Elayne, wanting to see her one last time before Celia teleported him away. Once they were back in his tower, his expression turned somber as he looked at Celia. "Thank you. I appreciate all that you have done for us, though I know it was mostly for Elayne. She's lucky to have such a good sister." He then watched as she turned to leave, tilting his head slightly when she paused. "I know."

It wasn't too long after Zelious and Celia had left that a tired looking Ailuin entered the cottage. He paused at the sight of her, gazing at her softly for a moment before looking away and started to undress. He wanted to change out of his fancy clothes and into something more comfortable. Once he had finished, he moved to sit down on his side of the bed. "Are you awake?" He asked, glancing over at her. He wasn't expecting an answer, but he did want to tell her about what he had learned from Ros.

Anja smiled sadly at the mention of her brother, remembering how worried he had been. Between him and her mother, it had been hard to escape their watchful gaze after that event. They were so scared she would get lost again. "Berric was a good brother. He was always looking out for me. As the eldest, he saw it as his responsibility to look after us when our parents couldn't. I know how much it pained him when he was forbidden to search for you. He was very grateful to you, you know. So was my father. He told me he had never been as scared as he was while I was missing in all of his life. He had been terrified that I wouldn't be found." She then paused, chuckling at the mention of her mother. "Yes, she was quite displeased to have to thank you for your actions. But at the same time, she was too relieved to care much about how she disliked you. She was just grateful that you had found me in time." She gazed up at him softly, smiling as she lowered her hand, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. It was nice talking to him like this, not having to put on an act with everyone watching them. She had missed it, missed him.

"I remember as well. I was always trying to catch you off guard too, wanting to win at any cost. Every time we got too rough, my mother would scold me for what seemed like hours. She would tell me how unladylike it was to wrestle with a boy. I didn't care, though. I've always had a rebellious streak, I guess." She paused for a moment, shyly gazing up at him. "I missed you, you know. After you came back from the war, you were changed. You distanced yourself but I couldn't blame you once I had heard what had happened. I wanted to reach out to you, to comfort you, but I didn't. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me. When I learned that you had escaped from your father, I was happy. I know how cruel he was."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Elayne laid still with her back facing to him as Ailuin entered. She grit her teeth as tears fell from her eyes. She didn't want to talk to him right now but clearly she had to if she was going to reconcile with him for the sake of their children. "Yes, I'm awake... Love..." Elayne said as she turned to him and stared at him with watery eyes. She felt a pit in her stomach as she tried to pretend that everything was normal. She took his hand in her's with a concerned look, it was genuine, she didn't like he look on his face. "What's wrong?" Elayne asked as she kissed his hand soothingly.

Leon smiled slightly at Anja as she mentioned that she wanted to catch him off guard. That smile faltered when she mentioned when they escaped. "I escaped to protect my sisters. Father was going to destroy us all with his insane schemes. Callum knew our kingdom would fall with his reign if we didn't try." Leon said with a sigh until he thought of Ernessa. "I was too late for Ernessa...She turned heel and betrayed us all...I looked up to her..." Leon sighed as he looked at Anja. "You're not the only one who lost a sibling. True, Ernessa is alive but she is as twisted as father...it feels like I lost her...." Leon sighed as he looked away in shame.

Liam was sitting by the beach in his chair as it levitated above the sand. They had finally made it to Riverfloria's docks as the crew put their possessions away in the beach cabin. The flowers were vibrant and unique with a luminescent glow. It was getting dark but the sea was calm and lovely. Bright glowing bats were swooping down to the fruit trees to munch on the plentiful fruits. "Welcome to Riverfloria...the glowing isle of flowers. Do you love it?" Liam smiled up at Vaeri knowing she was about to burst with excitement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Ailuin looked down at her, immediately noticing the unshed tears in her eyes. His gaze softened, instinctively reaching out to wipe the tears from her face. Even if he was displeased with her, he still hated the sight of her tears. She was under a lot of stress and he was beginning to rethink telling her about what he learned. He then shook his head, giving her a slight smile. "No, nevermind. It's nothing. Just keep on your guard whenever you're alone or with people. It's late. You should get some sleep." He pulled his hand slowly away, not wanting her to see it as a rejection as he brushed some hair from her face before moving to lie down on the bed beside her. He got beneath the covers and drew them to his bare chest, adjusting his braid so that he wasn't lying on it. The last thing he wanted to do was worry her about something that might be nothing.

"I know. Your father was a cruel man and a terrible king. The people lived in fear of him, terrified of doing something to offend or anger him. I'm glad that your brother, Callum, is our new king. He has a good head on his shoulders and actually cares about the people." She then paused, her expression sobering at the mention of his sister. "I'm sorry, Leon. That can't be easy to deal with. However, I wouldn't say you lost her. There might still be hope for her." She picked up on the fact that he was feeling shame, surely blaming himself for the actions of his sister. "Leon, it's not your fault that Ernessa turned out that way, so don't blame yourself. You couldn't have known that she would betray you. She was a good actress, I hear."

She leaned up, gently placing her hand on his cheek and guiding his face to look at her again. "It's not too late to save your sister. Perhaps she just needs guidance. With patience and love, you might be able work out the darkness that Gregory planted in her. It's at least worth a shot, don't you think? Isn't it better to have tried than to give up early on?" Her blue eyes stared into his own eyes, hoping that her words would help him, even if it was just a little bit.

As soon as they had landed at their destination, it had taken everything in her to control herself and not run out onto the beach like a child. Her blue gaze took in everything, from the luminescent flowers to the brightly glowing bats. "Oh, Liam...it's beautiful." She moved to his side, looking down at him even though she was itching to run off and explore every inch of the island offered to her. However, as excited as she was, she would not abandon her husband. She also knew it was wise to stay close to him as it was her first time visiting. "I do so love it, Liam. Thank you so much for bringing me here." She moved to kiss his cheek, rewarding him with a dazzling smile.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:40 pm

Leon shook his head as Anja tried to convince him that Ernessa could be reasoned with. Leon couldn't see it and right now his heart was too broken from her to find forgiveness in his heart. "How can I forgive my sister who was going to willingly sacrifice my nephew and nieces? Right from the womb?! Its disgusting!" Leon sighed as he ran his fingers through his long golden mane. "I will never forgive her for that...how can i?" Leon growled before sighing. "Anja, i think its best you use your time to find a better person to mingle with..." Leon says as he gets up from his seat but not before helping to her feet.

Liam smiled as he took her by the hand. "There is much to see...but first the festivities are about to start at the market. Are you and the baby hungry? I'd imagine so." Liam smiles as he moves towards an area bustling with people. The market was decorated in flowers and fine silk banners. Lanterns filled with strange bugs that light up in different colors where hung as well. "They are celebrating Callum's victory." Liam informed his wife as they stopped by a strange building with blue stone. "Go in..." Liam smiled as guards helped raise the seat up the stairs. As they were led to the top floor, they were sat at a balcony. Down below were people swarming in the markets. Music was playing and families were eating with their families having a good time. Beautiful women covered in colorful silks where presenting them with food and drink. Liam spoke a different language to one of the women with a smile and nod as they all sauntered off. "Are you enjoying yourself, Vaeri?" Liam smiled at her as he himself was ready to eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:51 pm

"You're right, it is disgusting. But sometimes we have to forgive someone when we don't want to, if only to move on from what they've done. I don't blame you for your hesitance to forgive her. If I were in your position, I would be struggling as well." She lowered her hand, knowing that he might not want to be touched with how agitated he was getting. "I apologize. I didn't mean to upset you or bring up bad memories," She said, allowing him to help her stand up but she didn't seem like she wanted to walk away. "And what is that supposed to mean? There is no one better than you. You're exactly the type of person that I want to talk to right now. However, if you truly wish for me to leave, then I will. If not, I would love to continue talking with you. I meant what I said, Leon. I missed you and talking to you is like a dream come true. However, I don't want to be a burden or a nuisance to you. So just tell me: do you want me to go?"

At the mention of festivities about to start, her blue eyes lit up with excitement. She knew it would be quite fun to witness whatever was in store for her. At the mention of food, her stomach gave a small growl of protest and she blushed. "Ah, yes. I'm quite hungry, actually. It seems like the further in my pregnancy I get, the hungrier I am." She kept close to his side, not wanting to be parted from him in anyway. She looked around in awe, taking in everything. "It is certainly something to celebrate. Although Callum was held hostage during the war, we couldn't have gotten this far without him." She then paused, noticing the building with the blue stone. She headed inside, curious to see what awaited her. As they were lead to the top floor, she moved to the edge of the balcony to look down at the view. There were so many people and in a way, it reminded her of home when the markets in the Elven capital would get busy during festival times. However, the clothing was different than what the elves were, as was the music and food offered. It was a very neat experience. She then looked over at him as he spoke, smiling at him. "Of course. I've never seen so many humans in one place."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 pm

Leon sighed tiredly as Anja yet again stopped him from doing the right thing. The best thing was for him to walk away from her but yet again she refused to budge. "You are stubborn like your ol' man." Leon shook his head and rubbed his eyes in frustration. "You're going to regret trying so hard to get to know me, Anja. I hurt everyone I'm near. I couldn't even tell someone I loved them...not that it matters. She belongs to another...and she doesn't deserve to be stuck with me. You deserve more too." Leon sighed as he begun to walk away. "Its not that I want this...I've just accepted I'm going to be forever miserable and possibly drink myself into an early grave." Leon said before slowly walking away with his hands into his pockets.

"Now that my father is dead Riverfloria is excited to be able to use magic again. They are well versed in magic unlike other parts of Avinora. My father always hated Hawthorne for disobeying his orders but Hawthorne didn't care. Magic has always been part of Riverfloria's culture." Liam smiled as he took a turkey leg and begun to eat. Liam was quite hungry and the main event was about to start. Then the lights begun to go out. A smile formed on Liams lips as He looked over to the view. Then a bunch of out explosions went off as vibrant colors soared into the night sky. These fireworks were different however, as they formed many detailed shapes and danced in the sky. There were dragons setting ablaze in the sky. Unicorns shimmering and prancing in the starry night until they faded into nothing. Even normal animals like lions roared in the sky. "There is nothing like a firework display in Riverfloria..." Liam smiled as A bunny rabbit hopped and sauntered into the stars. Liam couldn't help the pang of sadness in his heart. He could never hop and graze again in his transformation. It was depressing to know his form would just be paralyzed and never get to run the way it used to but he kept a fake smile on for Vaeri.

"I know things have been hard for you...Vaeri. I want you to know that No matter what, I'll never go back to how it was. I'll be here with you always. I'm sorry for that moment of weakness, my dear." Liam said with a slight somber look but he still managed to smile. "It was...terrifying waking up to find out I couldn't move. What use am I if I can't be the man you deserve? I was already considered lesser of a man due to my form...It broke me." Liam sighed as he looked up at the fireworks. "I think I'm done with royalty. Once Quinton's contraption works, what do you say we leave? Venture off somewhere new?" Liam smiled at her as he grabbed her hand with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 pm

"I know that I am. I've been told that countless times by many people." She smiled very slightly, not at all ashamed to be proud and stubborn like her father. However, she could tell that he was frustrated. In a way, she was as well. He was so set on thinking that he was a monster and didn't deserve anything good in life. "I sincerely doubt I will regret getting to know you, but I know that if I don't at least try to get to know you, I will regret that for the rest of my life." Her gaze softened as he mentioned that he hurt everyone he was near and that he couldn't even tell someone that he loved how he felt. Her heart ached for him, knowing that he loved someone he couldn't have. She knew what that was like. After all, she loved him. She was not about to let him continue to spiral down into darkness and drink himself into an early grave. "You give yourself little credit, Leon. If you could just see yourself as I see you, you wouldn't feel as you do. You would realize how brave and strong you are. That you are not the monster everyone thinks you are. You deserve to be happy, just as much as I do."

Anja then paused, watching as he began to walk away. She stepped towards him but then stopped, a frown tugging at her painted lips. "I'll be damned if I let you drink yourself to death, Leon. Believe it or not, but people do care about you. More so than you think. I won't stop you from walking away from me, but I want you to know that I will not give up. You are precious to me and I will fight for you, no matter what because you do deserve to be happy," She called after him, blue eyes gazing after his retreating form.

Vaeri turned to look at him, curious to learn more about magic in Avinora. "Were the Riverfloria family the only ones to still practice in magic? Surely some of the other houses did as well? Perhaps Ravenspell? You'd think with a name like that, they would also be learned in magic." She then allowed her gaze to wander to the food, beginning to help herself to whatever she liked. She was quite starving, after all. Eating for two was hard work. She hen looked up as the lights began to get out, shifting closer to him out of instinct. She tensed for a moment, placing her hand on his arm before beginning to relax as the fireworks started. "Oh, how beautiful..." She breathed, eyes widening in awe at the brilliant displays. She was quite pleased with her time in Riverfloria so far.

As he began to talk seriously, she tore her gaze away from the firework display and looked at him. "You don't have to apologize, Liam. I can only imagine how you felt upon learning that terrible news. Something like that is a lot to take in, I know. However, you don't need to feel like you're less of a man. You're still the man I married and fell in love with. I always knew that he was still there, despite how badly you wanted to escape. I love you, no matter what, Liam." She smiled at him and leaned over to press a kiss to his forehead. She then pulled away, looking curious at his next comment. She then beamed at him, looking excited at the prospect of leaving and finding somewhere new to venture to. "I would love to, especially since it means I can get away from my mother. I love her, you know that, but sometimes she can be very unbearable. After years of her overprotecting me and babying me, I've had enough. I want to explore the world and visit the many beautiful places I've read about. Oh, it would be so wonderful!" She clasped her hands together, looking starry eyed.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:35 pm

"Now Vaeri, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. We have a child to care for soon. Perhaps when she or he is grown we can talk about adventuring. For now, I only meant that we could leave the kingdom. Go somewhere peaceful and quiet. No royal politics, no wars, just you and I." Liam smiled as he wrapped an arm around her. "Perhaps we could have a few small trips occasionally with the child, but she should grow up among peers in a nice quiet village and have some normalcy to her life." Liam negotiated with Vaeri knowing she would be sad if he didn't. Liam then blushed and then laughed softly. "I guess for whatever reason I keep thinking we're having a daughter..." Liam said with a shy expression.

Leon looked back at Anja once more and just shook his head as he kept walking away. He felt like he was doing it again, hurting someone he cared for but he knew it would be worse if they got attached. Leon walked out of the kingdom with a somber expression. He just wanted it all to end but he would never intentionally bring shame to his family like that. Suicide was considered a coward's death in they eyes of royalty. He was no coward. Leon found his way back to the brothel where he wold seek comfort from the whores and the drink. As he walked in he sat by the bar where a burly fellow poured him some ale. Normally he just waited for one of the whores to come to him, they knew who he was and that he would pay them well without hurting them. Leon then noticed a woman with silvery white hair and lovely blue eyes humming in the corner. Leon was entranced by her but not in a aroused way. Since Elayne discovered they were brainwashed by their father, all Leon thought about was their mother. "You, what do they call you here?" Leon asked as he drank from his mead. The young woman seemed startled at first but her eyes then softened as they gazed at Leon. "Aurora..." She smiled at him serenely. "Come..." Leon drank his mean down in one gulp before getting up and offering a hand to help her up. He was still a gentleman to a woman regardless of their status, it was why he was popular with them.

They walked upstairs and into a bedroom as Leon closed the door Aurora tried to pull her dress down but Leon felt a strange pang of awkwardness as he prevented her from doing so. "No...I don't want that..." Leon said as Aurora was shocked and confused. "What do you want from me then, my prince?" She asked in confusion. "Lay with me...sing to me...just keep me company..." Leon blushed as he knew this was awkward but Aurora merely smiled at him with a sympathetic look and responded a short nod. Leon walked over to the bed fully dressed and laid down. Aurora did so on the other side as Leon huddled close to her and laid his head on her chest as she sung. He closed his eyes and sighed in relaxation until he felt a knife stab him in the side. He growled and kicked Aurora off him as he was bleeding heavily in the side. "Why?" Leon asked as he looked at her panting. "You and your family betrayed the city by bringing those monsters into our kingdom!" She hissed as a group of men in wolf masks came in and started to drag Leon out of the brothel and put a sack over his head to blind him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Vaeri paused and then turned scarlet, embarrassed by how carried away she had gotten as usual. She was always getting carried away when she got excited. However, she wasn't about to let it get her down. She placed a hand on his arm and squeezed it gently, smiling at him shyly. "I'm sorry, I got a little carried away. It's just been kind of my dream to escape the clutches of my mother and leave the castle to explore the world. There's so many beautiful places that I've read about and wanted to see for myself. So, the idea of being able to possibly do that just got me so excited that I forgot that we were expecting a child and I'm in no condition to travel. But I do agree with finding somewhere quiet to settle down and escape from things. Maybe once our children are older, we can go explore the world, as you said. I would like that very much, Liam." She moved to kiss his cheek, truly happy to have him back to normal. She didn't care that he was a cripple now. He was still the man that she had married and fallen in love with.

She then paused, catching something that he had said and looked at him as he apologized. "A girl? You know, I would not be surprised if our child was a girl. After all, my family is made up of a lot of girls. Ailuin was the only boy of my mother's children, not counting Elas because he was more or less adopted." She moved to place a hand on her belly, grinning when the baby gave a kick. "Oh, she's kicking. Do you want to feel? I think she knows we are talking about her. Oh, I can't wait to meet our little babe. She's going to be perfect. I hope she has your pretty golden hair."

Anja watched him go but made no move to stop him. She sighed and then moved to sit down in the chair he had previously occupied, placing a hand on her head. She knew that he was a wounded individual and she had accepted that, it was just a little hard to deal with. However, she wouldn't give up on him. After all, she had meant what she said. She didn't plan to give up on him. She wasn't there for him in the beginning, but she would be now. She sat there for awhile, listening to the sound of the fire crackling in the fireplace before looking up as she heard footsteps. Truthfully, it had only felt like she had been sitting there for awhile but it hadn't been all that long really. She tensed, expecting her mother to have found her but relaxed when it was Frida that stepped out from behind a bookshelf and looked at her older sister.

"There you are. Mother was worried about you and has been searching for you ever since you left the festivities." Anja watched her as she approached, a slightly bitter smile tugging at her lips. "Honestly, that doesn't surprise me. Ever since Berric died, she's been keeping a close eye on all of us. I think she's scared we're going to all randomly keel over and die." Frida smiled slightly, amused by her sister's words but it didn't last as a frown tugged at her lips. "I saw Leon leaving the library as I was headed for it. I knew that would be where you were hiding. Anja, you know that mother doesn't like him." Anja sighed, looking at Frida. "I know. Are you going to tell on me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at her. Frida shook her head. "No, of course not. I would never betray you, Anja. But are you okay? You look stressed. Did something happen between you and Leon?" Anja smiled slightly. "Sort of, but not really at the same time. I really don't want to talk about it, though." Anja stood up, smoothing down her dress. "We should get back to mother before she throws a fit." Taking Frida's arm in her own, she led her younger sister out of the library and off to where their family was staying.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Liam smiled and didn't hesitate to feel Vaeri's stomach. He smiled at the child's kick and chuckled. "Alright, little prince or princess. I'll stop disturbing your slumber." He laughed and sighed as he leaned over to kiss Vaeri. "I like when you get carried away. That glint of wonder in your eyes is the best thing I could ever see with my own. Its one of the qualities that made me fall in love with you in the first place Vaeri. Never apologize to me about it." He smiled at her. When the display was over Liam sighed and nodded to the guards after they ate. "I have one more gift for my wife." Liam smiled as the guards helped move him along. The guards also helped Vaeri up and guided her gently down stairs. It wasn't a long travel to the rivers near by. The rivers had docks on them and it seemed quite a lot of people were using boats for transportation. This boat was more laike a small ship so Liam could comfortably sail in his chair. Next to Liam was a nicely made chair with cushion. "This isn't the surprise yet but I know you will enjoy this. If you look into the waters....you'll find a surprise." Liam smiled as he waited for her to get in.

Ros froze as she saw the horror of Leon being dragged away from the same people she warned Ailuin about. Perhaps she was thinking of the wrong family? It didn't matter, word had to be sent to the King right away. Ros couldn't fight all those men to have Leon o her own. One man, sure, maybe two but not ten or so. Ros transformed into a mouse and scurried beneath the men's feet as she hurried out of the brothel. She then transformed into a cat again and bolted to the palace where she would then pass the gates. She then felt something shove her from the entrence. Ros transformed back as she tumbled. She looked up to see princess Delia, or was it Captain Delia now? It didn't matter now. "Please I have urgent news for the king!" Ros said as Guards surrounded her. "Trespassing is illegal, Whore. No matter any news. What? Did a brawl break out because one of your clients fighting over you?" Delia snarled as Ros was clutching her side that Delia kicked rather forcefully. "Prince Leon was captured! Now If you want to jest at me, could you do it at a different time where your brother isn't in danger!" Delia's face fell from a smirk to shock. "Lock her up. I don't believe her..." Delia growled as she walked over to some guards. "Seek the nearest brothels to find my brother..." Delia ordered them as she then looked over to Ros. "No! No! I'm telling the truth!!! You must go find him! The Pack kidnapped him! Noooo!" Ros tried to transform but the guards cuffed her in magical bindings so she couldn't. Ros was then sent to a dungeon and thrown rather forcefully into it. She looked out her barred window and sighed as she tried to use her magic. The only thing should manage was her telepathy. "Ailuin, If you can here me. You must go to Callum and tell him Leon is in danger. Delia won't believe me... Please. Leon is far too sweet and honorable to get killed." Ros whimpered as she tried to send her message to Ailuin through her mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Vaeri smiled happily as he moved to feel her stomach, feeling the child kick again in response to his hand resting there. She couldn't help but giggle softly, placing her hand over his own. She couldn't be happier now that she had her husband back. He was just as sweet and loving as he had been before he had left for the war against his father. "I'm glad that you enjoy that about me. It's good to know someone does. My sisters and mother would always get annoyed when I got carried away. Especially Zaleria. She was always so cranky with me. I'm glad she has Elas now, though. She's a lot less grumpier with him around." She enjoyed the rest of the display with him, her belly full and her heart happy. "Another gift? Oh, Liam, you didn't have to do so much... though I do appreciate it. It makes me so happy." She got up with the help of the guards and was led down the stairs, her pace slow and steady so that she didn't fall.

Though, she had a feeling one of the guards would catch her if she did misstep and fall. As they reached the rivers, she couldn't help but grow curious about what the surprise was. Just what on earth did he have planned this time? She was dying to know. She noticed the boat waiting for them and couldn't help but let her curiosity grow. At first, she had been nervous to sail but she was getting more used to it. "Okay," She said softly before getting carefully onto the boat, taking a peek at the water to see what was lurking down there.

Ailuin was half asleep in bed, lying on his side with his back to his wife. It was strange not holding onto her as they slept, but it was something he would get used to. He wasn't about to touch her when things were still tense between them, even if a part of him still longed for the intimacy they had previously shared as husband and wife. He had slept so well with her in his arms and it was no wonder he was having trouble falling asleep without her in them. He was just about to fall asleep when he heard a voice in his head. He startled awake, confused because he knew it wasn't something he was hearing out loud. After all, he was certain that Elayne would have sat up. He glanced over his shoulder at her, noticing that she had her back to him and appeared to be asleep.

He then realized that the voice sounded a lot like Ros, the whore he had slept with. It wasn't uncommon that some people were gifted with telepathy, but he had never experienced it before. Still, he listened closely to what she had to say before slowly getting up from bed and getting up to change into something suitable. He moved silently, not wanting to disturb his wife before leaving the cottage and heading to the castle in search of Callum. If Leon was truly in danger, then Callum needed to be the first to know. It took him a bit to locate someone who knew where the king was, but as soon as he knew, he headed to the infirmary.

Rosaria was seated in a chair, watching over Quinton and keeping company with Callum. They were both worried about Quinton who still had yet to wake up. She was tired and her head hurt from the tears she had been shedding but at least she had stopped crying. Her head lifted at the sound of familiar footsteps, glancing in the direction of the door. As her hearing as an elf was quite excellent, she heard him before he even reached the infirmary. When he finally reached them and stepped inside, she shot her younger brother a look as he glanced at her before shifting his attention to Callum. "Brother, may I have a word with you? Alone?"
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum