Fields Of Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret of the Spirit

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Secret of the Spirit Empty Secret of the Spirit

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 4:13 am

The Toshida family was once a happy family. It was small, but that didn't stop Hotaru Toshida from loving her two children. She wasn't in contact with her parents as they had disowned her from marrying an American man. At the time, she hadn't cared too much because she had her husband and her children. However, it was soon after the premature birth of her daughter, that her husband left. A few days later, she received divorce papers to sign in the mail.

She had been heartbroken, but she had sucked it up. After all, her two children needed her. So, Hotaru took up the duty of being a single parent and worked her butt off to keep things afloat for her and her two children. Since Mei was born premature, she was often sick. There were times that Hotaru had to go without a meal to give her own children food, clothes, and medicine. But that didn't matter to her. As long as her babies were alive and well, she didn't care about herself.

Eventually, times grew tough and Hotaru was forced to reach out to her parents in hopes that they would forgive her and help her out, but they refused to even see her. They made it clear that they had not forgotten how she had disgraced them by marrying a foreigner. Then things got better. She found a job with a foreign family and was able to teach them Japanese. The family was quite rich and generous in their parents and she was allowed to pamper herself and her children.

But then the unspeakable happened. Hotaru was involved in a fatal car crash that took her life, leaving her children alone to fend for themselves. Daisuke had been in college and Mei was soon to finish high school. With the death of their mother, they were kicked out of their home and Daisuke was forced to quit college so that he could take care of his baby sister. He knew that he needed to find work so that he could support his sister so that she could graduate from school.

Present time. Daisuke had finished getting ready for the day and walked back into the tent that he shared with his sister. They had lucked out and been able to bring the tent that their mother had purchased for them in the past. It wasn't much, but it was a roof over their head. Daisuke didn't want to trouble any of his friends and he didn't really have a family to rely on. He had never even met his mother's parents, so he couldn't ask them for help. His mother had warned never to go to them for help.

He sighed and brushed some brown hair from his face and moved to sit down beside the sleeping form of his sister, Mei. He gently shook her shoulder, trying to wake her up. "Mei, it's time to get up. If you don't start getting ready for school and head out, you'll be late for school."
Elle
Elle
Admin

https://fields-of-elysium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Secret of the Spirit Empty Re: Secret of the Spirit

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 4:31 am

Mei whined when her brother woke her up and pulled the covers over her face. "I don't want to get up..." Mei muffled a whine under her covers. The tent wasn't exactly comfortable to sleep in and it got rather cold at night. Mei was feeling a little under the weather from the exposure to cold but she hid it rather well so Daisuke wouldn't have another thing to worry. "I will change then." Mei surrendered and waited for Daisuke to leave before changing into her uniform. 

As Mei got out of the tent she was brushing her short hair and pulled her bag out of the tent to get ready to leave. "Are you going to talk to the family that mom used to work for? You know, i could also get a part time job..." Mei hated that her brother was doing this on his own. After mom, Daisuke sacrificed everything for Mei which made her feel more guilty than relieved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 4:35 am

"I know, but school is important. Mom would have wanted you to graduate and I will be damned if I don't make sure my baby sister doesn't do it." He chuckled and ruffled her hair before getting up. "I'll be right outside if you need me," He said before exiting the tent so that she could change. He waited until she was done and looked over at her as she came out.

"Yes, I planned on talking to them today. I actually have an appointment to meet with the head of the family today." He then frowned, giving her a look. "Mei, we've talked about this. You don't need to get a job. Just focus on finishing school and leave everything up to me, okay? Trust in your big brother, okay?" He kissed her forehead and smiled. "Do you want me to walk you to school or can you manage on your own? I don't want to be late for the appointment."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 4:53 am

"I know but...if i worked maybe would afford an apartment instead of camping out here." Mei said before sneezing. "Excuse me, sorry. Anyway, i think i can walk myself. I'll be late getting home tonight, our homeroom is organizing a booth for an upcoming festival after class today. So please, don't blow up my phone like the scardy cat i know you are." Mei giggled before making sure she had everything for class. She hugged her brother and wished him luck before being on her way.

As Mei strolled down the usual path she decided to do down another to see if it was a short cut. She actually could see the city getting closer in the distance but then she noticed the house. She looked at it curiously and hummed as she noticed little painted carvings of animals and giggled. "Oh how cute! Little spirit animals! I wonder if the person has a online shop." She giggled as as she admired the tiny animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 5:00 am

"There is no need for you to get a job. Once I get hired by the Wilde family, we can afford an apartment. Remember how much they used to pay mom? If I can arrange a deal like that with them, we won't have to worry. So don't worry your pretty little head over it and let big brother handle it, okay?" He appreciated her wanting to help, but he didn't want to risk her doing something that would cause her health to deteorite if she wasn't careful. He couldn't risk that happening.

"Be good for your teachers!" He called after her as they parted ways. Meanwhile, at the house a certain woman had just finished painting some little animal carvings. She had been sitting inside for awhile but decided to check if they were dry yet. She then noticed that there was an unfamiliar girl on her porch, which caught her interested. She opened the door silently and leaned against the doorway, smiling at the young girl.

"If I did, would you be willing to buy?" She asked in response to Mei's question to herself. The woman addressing her was a lovely, curvy figured blonde. She had a cigarette in one hand while the rested on the curve of her hip.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 5:13 am

Mei jumped as the woman's voice gave her a fright. "Oh! I'mSoSorryIShouldHaveNotTrespassed! Please forgive me for the intrusion! That was very wrong of me!" Mei panicked and bowed repetitively. "Its just the little spirit carvings are adorable. I thought they were zodiac at first but there is no lion in the zodiac. The tiger and lion are especially adorable. I love big cats, they're so regal looking..." Mei blushed slightly. "But yes, if i could ever find a snow leopard one i would buy one!" She giggled as she looked at the woman curiously. "Forgive me if I'm wrong are you American?" She asked curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 am

The woman laughed and took a draw from her cigarette before exhaling the smoke. She was polite enough not to blow the smoke in the direction of Mei. "There's no need to apologize. I don't mind. It's not often that I get visitors to my humble home." She then chuckled again. "So you like big cats, huh? I bet they would like to hear that," She said, the last sentence mostly to herself.

She then snapped out of it and nodded in response to the question of if she was American. "Yes, I am. A lot of my family have decided to move to Japan for various reasons of their own. By the way, my name is Maggie Wilde. What is your name, young lady? You look to be the same age as my darling cousins. Speaking of which, excuse me for a moment."

She leaned into the house, adopting a stern voice. "Caspian! Lex! Get down here! You're going to be late for school!" There was a commotion from inside but Maggie didn't seem too worried as she stepped back outside. "Speaking of, you must go to the same school as them. Perhaps you know them? I'll let them introduce themselves once they get down here."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 5:31 am

"Wilde?! As in the American family that moved here last semester?! Ah, my mom was...a Japanese teacher for your family...this is not the Wilde estate though..." Mei said as she was curious about Maggie. "Oh uh I'm Mei, Mei Toshida." She bowed politely and froze at her calling Caspian and Lex Wilde. She knew the quite well as the two princes at their school as everyone called them. Prince Caspian was rather alluring and charming with a fan girl group that stalked him. Prince Lex was more mischievous and all the bad girls wanted him. Either way they were both highly desired at school but she never talked to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 5:38 am

"Oh? You've heard of us. I didn't know we were that popular." Maggie chuckled and took another draw from her cigarette while she waited for the boys to come outside. "What are the odds. We lost our teacher awhile back and are looking for a new one. And yes, you're right. This is my own personal house away from the estate. It's too noisy for my work if I stay at the estate. So I purchased this place out here. I never expected I would have to share it with two teenage boys, though."

She went to take another draw of her cigarette but it was suddenly snatched by a blond haired boy who had just appeared at her side. He narrowed his eyes at her, not noticing that they had company. "Maggie, I thought you were trying to quit." He tossed the cigarette to the floor and put it out with his shoe. Maggie rolled her eyes. "It was just one. It's my first one in weeks. But enough about that, we have a guest here. Say hello."

Caspian paused and turned slowly around to see that there was indeed another person standing on the porch. His eyes widened at the sight of a pretty girl and his demeanor seemed to change. "O-oh. H-hello there." He coughed, clearing his throat. "I apologize for not seeing you there. You're Mei Toshida, right? I believe you're in my class."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 5:52 am

"Yes, and y-you're Caspian Wilde. Sorry again for the intrusion. I was walking down a different path and it led my here on my way to class. The carvings kind of compelled me to come closer." Mei bowed and clasped her hands together nervously as she blushed pink. "But yes, my mom uh...well she's no longer with us. So i moved with my brother." Mei said as she fiddled with her fingers before sneezing again. "Excuse me, sorry." She sighed after covering her mouth and turned away while sneezing. "Well...i should really go..." She said nervously. "It was nice meeting you, Miss Maggie." She said with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 am

Maggie couldn't help but notice the interaction between Mei and her cousin, Caspian. It was rather interesting to her, but she wasn't about to say anything about it. "Well, I am glad that you decided to drop by. Mei, you are welcome to stop by any time you like. Perhaps I'll do a snow leopard next. Just for you," Maggie said with a smile then nudged Caspian. "Caspian, why don't you walk with her? Also, where the hell is Lex?"

As if on cue, there was a commotion from inside before an orange haired boy ran out, knocking into Caspian and nearly stepping on the figures. "You brat, watch it!" Maggie yelled at Lex, looking annoyed. He held up his hands in a peaceful gesture. "Sorry, Mags, I didn't realize--- wait, is that Mei Toshida?!" He asked, noticing the girl who was about to walk away. "What are you doing here?" He asked, curious.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 am

Mei gasped in fright that Lex was going to step on Maggie's hard work. She then sighed but stiffened as Lex acknowledged her and questioned her presence. "I...live in the area and must have went down a wrong path. I'm sorry!" Mei blushed brightly as she stared at each boy. They were both very handsome foreigners and they made her heart pound in her chest. "I couldn't, I'd be a nuisance..." Mei backed a little nervously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 am

"You live in the area? But that-- ow, why did you do that for, Maggie?!" Lex rubbed his head, glaring at Maggie who had just smacked him upside the head. Caspian sighed and looked apologetically at Mei. "Please forgive my foolish brother. I think our mother dropped him too many times when he was a baby." Lex growled at that but didn't say anything.

"Boys, you're going to be late. Walk with miss Toshida so that she doesn't get lost again." She then looked at Mei. "I mean it, come see us whenever you like. I would love to get to know my new...neighbor." This was definitely something to look into because she knew she had no neighbors in this area.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 6:17 am

Mei nodded shyly and allowed the princes to catch up with her as she walked with them. Mei was beginning to feel a little feverish but she continued to walk in between them silently and awkwardly. She didn't normally talk to boys, especially the princes. She paused and covered her mouth with a cough. "Excuse me." She said as she regretted not staying in. "So... I hear we're doing a fitness test today in gym. Not looking forward to it." She tried to make conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 6:21 am

Maggie waved goodbye and watched the three of them depart before she turned on her heel and headed back inside. This was going to be interesting. Caspian caught up to Mei and looked at her curiously out of the corner of his eye. "Are you not feeling well, Miss Toshida?" He asked, being ever polite as he was known for.

Lex gave his brother a look before looking at Mei. "Yeah, I heard. I am going to have fun showing off how much better I am than my brother." Caspian's eye twitched slightly, but he didn't say anything in response to the obvious attempt at provoking him.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 6:30 am

"Oh I'm fine, just the change of weather to fall bothering me a little." Mei smiled and thanked Caspian for his concern. She then looked at lex curiously as he meantioned he was going to beat Caspian. "You two are competitive? That would be quite interesting to see who comes out with higher marks. Do you train Lex?" Mei asked curiously as they finally made it to the city. Mei was still walking between them and looked at Lex with wide eyes curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Tue May 07, 2019 6:33 am

"Well, yeah. We are brothers, after all. Isn't it normal to be competitive with your siblings? Besides, it's obvious that I am the better brother," Lex said matter of factly, grinning as he looked at Mei. "And yes, I do train! You wouldn't believe it, but Caspian does as well. He's quite athletic." Caspian felt embarrassed. "Lex, that's enough," He said, giving his brother a pointed stare.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2019 11:22 pm

"That's quite amazing! That you two have something that motivates you to try your best! To be the best at what you do! I try to do that for my mom and brother. I don't know my father so my brother pretty much had to stand in as one so being competitive was out of the picture. But i think its really amazing you two have a common goal to strive for! Its exciting and even if you dont come out on top, you can always try again." Mei said with a gleam in her eyes but then blushed. "I'm sorry, that was really silly of me. I try my best because people count on me but i don't mind it." She said as they walked the cross walk as school was emerging in the distance. Mei then saw her friends and waved. "Well it was nice talking to you. See you in homeroom Caspian!" She waved goodbye before running away to catch up with her friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 am

Lex paused and looked at her in surprise, having not expected her to get so excited over what he had said. He noticed the gleam in her eyes when she spoke and he couldn't help but think she was incredibly cute right then. It caused him to flush slightly due to the thoughts that had gone through his head.

Meanwhile, Capsian was also taken off guard. He hadn't really known much about her except that she was in his homeroom. He couldn't imagine what it was like not knowing who his father was or lose his mother. How much grief had this girl gone through? And yet, she still had the courage to smile. He couldn't help but admire her for that.

Lex snapped out of his stupor and grinned, though his cheeks were still a little flushed. "No need to apologize, Mei. It's cool." As she spotted her friends, he couldn't help but be disappointed that she was leaving them. He was definitely interested in her now. "Bye, Mei!"

Caspian nodded his head and watched her go before turning to look at his brother. "Don't even think about it, Lex." Lex tore his gaze from Mei and looked at his brother in confusion. "What?" Caspian narrowed his eyes. "You know what I mean, Lex. Don't play with Mei's feelings like you do all of the other girls." Lex looked surprised and then angry. "I don't do that with every girl. Besides, what do you care? You've never spoken a word to her until now. Why do you suddenly care?!"

Caspian ignored his brother and instead walked past him to head to school. Lex growled, but didn't push it further. If he got into a fight with Caspian, they would get in trouble in school and then their parents would no doubt be informed.

Meanwhile, one of Mei's friends had noticed that she was walking with the two princes of their school. She raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't say anything to her companion. Instead, she waited until Mei caught up to them to question her. "Why were you with the two princes? Did they bully you into walking with them?" Ruki asked, looking protective as she hugged her friend. Her name was Ruki Fudashida and she had known Mei for a long time.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 12:37 am

Mara Nakamura was walking with Ruki and stared in confusion at Mei as she ran over to them. She was thinking the same thing as Ruki who got to ask before she did. "Oh! Well i ran into them and they were nice enough to talk to me so we chatted on the way here." Mei blushed as she really didnt wanna explain that she trespassed on their property. "But Daisuke's apartment is no where near the Wilde's residence." Mara squinted her eyes suspiciously at Mei. "Oh well i had an early morning so i detoured a little! Its fine!" Mei panicked as Mara flicked her gaze at Ruki and shrugged. "Well please be careful, there's perverts out there..." Mara said and patted Mei's head lovingly. "Aww, yeah I'll be careful! I promise!" Mei giggled and beemed as she was so grateful to have two caring friends.

When they made it to class, Mei was bombarded by a group of girls. "Mei Toshida! What is the meaning of this! I hear you've been walking with our Princes Caspian and Lex! Explain yourself!" One girl said as Mei mumbled shyly. "Well...i...i mean we just ran into each other." Mei said as she held her arms up worry. "Ha! Not one just runs into the princes without wanting to worm their way into their hearts! The Caspian and .Lex fan club protects our sweet princes from the cruel harsh world! You will not-" the girl got cut off as a kendo stick slammed between the girl and on the desk that Mei was sitting in. Mara looked irritated and tired of those fan girls as she then sneered and put the kendo stick over her shoulder. "Where did you find that?!" One girl shrieked. "Never mind where i found it and leave my sweet Mei in peace or i wont miss next time..." Mara said cooly as the fan girls said. "Cool it yankee girl! You dont wanna be expelled again right?" She hissed as Mara glared at them. Unlike Mei, Mara had very American features which unabled her to blend in. Everyone used it against her which struck a cord with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat May 11, 2019 12:43 am

Ruki glanced at Mara, not quite convinced about Mei's story. For awhile now, she had been suspicious of Mei. It was almost like she was trying to hide something from them. Despite her suspicions, she didn't want to ask Mei about it and force her into telling them. Ruki knew that if it was important, that Mei would eventually tell them. Still, it didn't sit right with her about Mei walking with the two princes.

"Well, as long as you are careful," Ruki said and let go of Mei. "Come on, we don't want to be late." She then lead the way to class. As they made it there, Ruki made her way over to her seat to wait for class to start. However, a commotion at Mei's seat caught her attention and she got up to start to walk over. It seemed Mara beat her to it, but it didn't stop her from placing her hands on Mei's shoulders and glaring at the fangirls. "Beat it or I'll curse you."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 12:53 am

The fan girls screamed and ran off as Mara still stood there with a look of annoyance. "Mara? Are you okay?" Mei asked knowing Mara hated when people made fun of her heritage. Mara's parents died when Mara was very young and she was a problematic foster kid bouncing from home to home. She would get into gang fights and all sorts of issues until Mei's mom took her in until she was old enough to support herself. Mara felt a responsibility to protect Mei, for her mother's sake. "Im fine..." Mara said rather cooly before sitting down. Mei frowned as she didnt like that those girls brought Mara down like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat May 11, 2019 1:07 am

Ruki felt satisfied when the fangirls ran off, a smirk tugging at her lips before her expression softened and she looked at Mara. She then looked at Mei. "Don't let those fangirls get to you two. They don't know anything." Her attention was then diverted as Caspian made his entrance. He stepped into the room and unconsciously, his gaze landed on Mei. He stared for just a moment before quickly looking away and moving to sit down. Ruki's eyebrows furrowed at that. Why had he looked at Mei like that?
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 1:17 am

Mara wasn't paying such close attention to the prince at all. She decided to pay more attention to working on her homework in cased she missed any errors. Mei blushed at Caspian staring at her and looked awat. Mei has a little bit of homework to finish herself so she went on to do some of it before.

After school, Mei told Ruki and Mara not to wait up for her. She had told them she was going to study after school just as much as she lied to Daisuke that she was staying after. Mei walked on her own with a sigh as she looked at the city scape when walking on a bridge. Mei had been working secretly as a cleaning girl a couple nights out of the week. She would slip money in Daisuke's wallet when she got paid every week when he was asleep. Mei was just that kind of generous person to think before herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat May 11, 2019 1:25 am

After school, Caspian headed straight home. Lex, on the other hand, didn't feel like going home and working on homework like Caspian would no doubt do. No, he wanted to wander about before coming home. He was standing on a bridge, taking a draw from a cigarette. Caspian didn't know that he smoked and Lex had no intention of telling his brother. He looked up at the sound of footsteps and paused when his gaze landed on Mei.

He squinted to make sure that he was seeing right before he grinned and waved to her. "Hey, Mei! What are you doing out here all by yourself?" He asked, tossing the cigarette to the ground and stomping on it. Honestly, he had not expected to run into her out here of all places.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum