Fields Of Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dreaded Arrangement

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

A Dreaded Arrangement  - Page 12 Empty Re: A Dreaded Arrangement

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Evangeline sighed as she looked at Zelious but nodded in agreement. "Perhaps when i feel Gregory is truly gone." Evangeline said before walking away from him as she transformed back to Delphineas. She didn't look back as she continued on with the party.

Callum finally entered the royal ball room with a proud grin as he led his wife to the dance floor. He held Lyra's waist in one hand and her hand in the other. "Just focus on me..." He smiled at her before finally starting to dance. He was quite graceful as a dancer and gentle at they waltzed. Some maidens were even swooning on the sidelines as he gave a gleaming smile to everyone but continued to focus on dancing with Lyra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Zelious sighed once she was gone and glanced up at the sky before shaking his head and heading back inside so that he could continue to watch over Elayne from the shadows. He wanted to be with her but knew that he couldn't. Not while they were in the public eye. He hoped that one day, he wouldn't have to hide his love for her and could show her off to the world.

Lyra kept her gaze on her husband, not allowing herself to look around at the people watching them. She gave a nod at his words and placed one hand on his shoulder while the other grasped his hand. As they began to dance, she moved with him just as gracefully, focusing on not messing up or stepping on his feet. Eventually, she began to relax as she gazed up at him with love in her eyes. "I'm so happy, Callum. I can't believe we're finally married."
Elle
Elle
Admin

https://fields-of-elysium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:07 pm

Callum chuckled softly and spun her around in a few twirls. "I cannot wait for so many things...children for example..." He lit up at the thought as people begun to join the dance as well. Isy smiled as she nodded for Luca to lead her into a dance.

Meanwhile, Leon was walking with Anja in hand as he enjoyed a drink but he promised her he wouldn't drink his sorrows. "Lovely reception, but just wait for the old badgers leave because its going to get lively." He winked at her as he led her outside for a moment. "Your mother has given me the death glare all night, you want to continue to test her? He chuckled as his hand wrapped around her waist and pulled her tight to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:13 pm

"I always wanted children. With my previous husband, we didn't really have time for children. Or rather, we couldn't really afford it with me being a servant and him a soldier. So we didn't try. We always hoped that things would wind up better so that we could have children, but it never happened." She looked sad for just a moment before brightening again at the thought of bearing his children. "I hope that we are blessed with many children."

Luca took Isy's hand and gently lead her out on the dance floor. "Have you ever danced like this before? Just follow my lead and focus on me if you get nervous. Remember, don't pay any of those other people any mind. It's just you and me on the dance floor," He said, being patient with her.

Anja was glad to be at his side, happy that they had grown so close. "It is a lovely reception indeed." She chuckled, gazing at him with adoration in her eyes. As he led them outside, she was unaware of them being watched. "Ignore my mother. She can be mad all she wants but I am not staying away from you." She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in for a kiss but stopped at the sound of a glass shattering. She turned to see Vaeri staring at them with tears in her eyes.

"So this is why you've been ignoring me. You've been too busy with this woman," She said, looking angry. She couldn't help her emotions. She had originally followed Leon in hopes of finally talking to him so that she could apologize but she hadn't expected to walk in on them about to kiss.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:47 pm

"I'm sorry, i hope i can at least give you your dream of having children. Life for you may seem strange at first but I'm making it one of my top priorities to make you the happiest queens in existence." He smiled as he continued to waltz with her and smile.

Isy nodded, her mother taught them all to waltz. She put her hand on his shoulder and followed his lead with a shy smile. "Mother t-taught us." She said as she danced rather beautifully on the dancefloor. Some of the maidens glared in envy, clearly wanting Luca to themselves. "I-I th-think your fangirls are m-mad." She said with a slight giggle. She wouldn't deny being the envy of those girls who picked on her made her glow.

Leon jumped at the noise of glass and then was surprised to see Vaeri standing there. Where on earth was Liam? "I beg your pardon, Vaeri. This is not just any woman but Anja is much more than some woman. She's a Shadesong and more importantly a Lady. A Lady i grew up with who knows me more than you will ever know me." Leon got tense and shielded Anja. "You're married, you have a husband who loves you. Let me go...Im sorry you thought there was more. I tried to let you down easy by being an ass but i see it only hurt you more. Vaeri im not worth being angry with. You still have everything...that can make you happier than i ever would." Leon sighed as he tried to reason with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:56 pm

"A strange life at first is worth it if I get to be with you, Callum." She smiled up at him, total adoration in her eyes as she gazed up at him. She moved to rest her head against his chest as they danced, soaking in his presence.

"Well, that's good. I won't have to hold back then," He said teasingly with a chuckle then glanced in the direction of some of the gathered maidens. He smiled at them before turning to look back at Isy. "Let them be mad. I only have eyes for you."

Vaeri was hurt by his words, tears freely sliding down her cheeks as she shook her head. "All I wanted was to apologize to you but you kept avoiding me. I just wanted us to be okay again." She then paused as a look of surprise and then horror showing on her face as she grimaced in pain. She clutched her stomach, biting her bottom lip. "Oh no...the baby... It's coming."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Leon looked with surprise and rushed to her to help steady her to a seat. "Easy, I'm going to find Liam, your mother, and Aire as well as some guards. Hang tight, okay? Anja! Stay with her!" He said as he looked at Vaeri starting to panic. "Listen to me, you will make it through this." Leon said before rushing off to find Liam. Luckily Ilayana, Liam, and Aire were grouped together. Liam bolted to Vaeri after Leon explained.

"Vaeri! Leon sent for guards! Are you alright? Breathe my dear." He gave her his hand to clench and kissed her forehead. Aire was the next to walk in and immediately examined her. "There's no time to move her to the infirmary, its coming. Vaeri, were you having contractions all day?" He asked alarmed as he saw the shed nearby. He pulled Vaeri into his arms and hurried to it as Liam followed to open tje door for them. Luckily there was an old bed for Vaeri as Aire passed her to Liam to carry as Aire put the pillows in a comfortable position for her so she could sit up propperly to give birth. Guards and midwives came running in as Leon lurked outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Vaeri couldn't help but be terrified as this was going to be the first time she was ever in labor. She allowed him to guide her to a seat, her hands still resting on her belly as she tried to steady her breathing while grimacing in pain. The contractions were coming quickly and her water had just broken. She was nervous as all hell. Anja moved to her and placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

Vaeri looked up at Leon and nodded, taking comfort in Anja's presence even if it was a little awkward. She wasn't left waiting long as her husband arrived and she looked up at him tearfully. "I'm scared, Liam." She whimpered, clutching onto him. She then looked at Aire and nodded. "Yes, but I didn't think it was anything bad so I didn't say anything." As she was settled on the bed, Ilayana moved to her side to take her hand. "Just breathe, dear. You are going to be fine. Just push when Aire gives you the okay to do so. You're in good hands, my darling."

Meanwhile Anja waited outside with Leon, looking worried. "Do you think she'll be okay?" She asked, placing a hand on his arm. She could tell that he was worried about his sister-in-law. "I think she'll be okay. I've heard that that elf healer is one of the best. She should be in good hands."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:51 pm

"I know, but you are so strong and beautiful. You can do this my Love. I'm right here." Liam smiled as he tried to calm his scared wife as he let her squeeze his hand as hard as she wanted. Aire pulled her skirt up and removed her undergarments. "Forgive me... I know this is uncomfortable." He said before examining her further. "Vaeri, i need you to push for me. You are ready." He said as a midwife prepared a basin as she dabbed Vaeri's face to kerp her cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Vaeri made sure to have a good grip on Liam's hand, squeezing it tightly as another contraction hit. They were coming in faster and harder and she was in so much pain but she knew that this was only the beginning. She just had to bear with it and then she could have her baby in her arms. Ilayana moved to the side and out of the way but kept a close eye on her daughter in case Vaeri needed her. The princess nodded and began to push, still holding on tightly to Liam's hand. "Oh gods, it hurts!" But with every push, she knew she was one step closer to having her child in her arms and that encouraged her to keep pushing.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 pm

"That's my Lady, good job." Liam smiled sweetly at her and kissed her hand lovingly. Aire continued to coach her through the birth as the head was beginning to be me visible. Midwives were ready with towels to clean the child. Once the shoulders were exposed Aire smiled. "One more big push. You are almost done." He smiled at her before finally freeing the baby from her and passing it to a midwife as the baby shrieked loudly. Aire smiled at Vaeri as je continued to tend to her. "You hear that crying? That's music to our ears. A crying baby girl is a healthy one. Congratulations my dear. You did well." Aire said with a grin. Liam smiled anf tears rolled down his eyes as he kissed her forehead. "You did beautifully, my love." He stroked her hair gently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Vaeri gave one final push before collapsing on the bed in exhaustion. Birthing a child was no easy feat. She felt tears of joy fall down her cheeks at the sound of her baby crying. "A baby girl... We have a baby girl, Liam." She looked at him, looking quite happy. She then looked at Aire, wanting to hold her baby. "Can I hold her?" Ilayana was crying tears of joy as well at the birth of her first grandchild from her youngest daughter.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:27 pm

A midwife carried the baby gently to Vaeri as she delicately placed the little bundle of joy in her arms. Liam couldn't help but cry silently in joy as he saw his wife with their daughter in her arms. He kissed her happily and looked down at here. "We never talked about a name." He smiled at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Vaeri gently took her daughter into her arms and held her close, cooing gently to her as she tried to get the child to settle. "Oh, she's beautiful." She couldn't help but weep in joy. She was so happy to finally hold her baby in her arms after months of carrying her in her womb. She then looked up at Liam. "That's true. I guess we really didn't have the time to think of one." She took a moment to think, trying to come up with a good name then smiled. "What about Aria?"
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Liam smiled at his wife and merely nodded at him. "I'll let Aire finish up with tending with you. I'll be right back...just want to inform the guards that we meed to move you to the infirmary." He smiled gently before softly caressing his newborn's cheek and rising from his seat and looking to Ilayana with a smile. "Congratulations, grandmother." Liam winked at her and gave her a gentle hug. "Stay with her, please. Keep her calm..." He told Ilayana with a more angered look bit not at her.

Liam walked out of the shed with a look of anger as he spotted his brother. Leon caught his gaze and stiffened at the sight of his brother glaring. "Is Vaeri alright?" Leon asked just before Liam grabbed his brother by the shirt and shoved him into a pillar with a growl. "Yeah...no thanks to you! Why are you always so fucking selfish?!" Liam roared furiously. "My child could have been harmedn MY WIFE could have been harmed! You couldn't have just been kind to her?! No of course not! You have to charm her then treat her like shit like all the women you use!" Liam yelled before punching Leon in the face which his head ricocheted back into the pillar as Leon groaned and sunk to the ground. "Stay the hell away from my wife and child. In fact, if i see you in Elvhenan i will kill you! I'll skin your hide and make you a rug if you come near us!" Liam glare and kicked dirt at him. "You're dead to me..." Liam said before turning around to the guards to find his old chair so they could move Vaeri to the infirmary. Leon sighed but didn't move from the ground. His brother was his best friend and support, now he felt so empty inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Vaeri smiled and glanced back down at her sweet daughter. She was so happy to finally hold her child in her arms after months of carrying her. She was just as beautiful as Vaeri thought she would be. Ilayana smiled at Liam. "Thank you, Liam. And congratulations to you on your first child. Don't worry, I'll take good care of her." She then moved over to get a closer look at her new grandchild. "She's beautiful, my dear." Vaeri smiled happily, nodding at her mother. "She really is."

Meanwhile, Anja was still next to Leon, keeping him company while they waited for news on if Vaeri was okay or not. As Liam exited the shed and started on Leon, she knew that something bad was about to go down. It all happened so fast and she wasn't able to stop it from happening. But once Liam walked off, she rushed to Leon's side and helped him sit up. "Are you okay, Leon?" She asked, concerned for him. "I'm sorry I didn't stop him. I didn't know that he was going to attack you."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Leon sighed and arose from the ground and shugged Anja off of him. "Go Anja..." He said in a defeated tone as he begun to walk away but he could feel her presence still. "Liam is right! Go! All i do is hurt others! You deserve better than me! Go!" Leon growled as he shoved her away from him forcefully and glared. Leon then stormed off and entered the ball room only to pour himself a drink and gulp it down before downing another. He then begun to stagger about as it didn't take long to come into effect.

He then thought about how his life was meaningless and how he was such a loser to the people he cared for. He begun to leave the ballroom alone he turned to find a broom closet and walked inside. Meanwhile, Elayne was smiling and laughing with the guests as she occasionally looked to Zel and gave him a soft smile before returning to being the dutiful queen at Ailuin's side.

Suddenly her head perked to Leon and her face went white. "Excuse me, I'll be back my love. Just gotta powder my nose." She smiled and kissed his cheek before walking away calmly but trying to pick up her pace. She then left the ballroom just in time to see Leon enter a broom closet and she ran forward. She tried to open the door but it wasn't budging. "Leon? Leon?! Leon!" No answer. Elayne tried to slam her body against the door but it wouldn't budge and she was still too weak to use her magic since the fae binded her powers. "Leon, please! Open the door! I beg you!" She cried out in fear, she had seen that face when he first came home from war. The same one thar looked like was done with living. "Zel!" She cried out, hoping he'd hear her as she tried to continue to slam herself in the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Anja had no intention of abandoning him. She did not agree with Liam's words or how cruel he had been to Leon. She understood that things were complicated between the brothers, but this was not good. She was worried about Leon because she knew how he get when he got like this. "Leon, I'm not abandoning you. I don't care what Liam said." She stumbled when he pushed her but didn't allow herself to fall. She frowned, sad for him as she watched him go.

However, she had no intention of leaving him alone. She followed after him, hoping to hunt him down. He could not be alone in this kind of state. By the time she had gotten to the ballroom, he was nowhere in sight and she cursed. Where had he gone?

Meanwhile, Ailuin was mingling with people even though he wasn't in the mood for it. As Elayne excused herself, he gave a nod before going back to the conversation in hand. Zelious, however, saw Elayne leave the ballroom and followed after her. It was a good thing he did because he heard when she called for him. He followed after the sound of her voice and arrived to find her trying to get a broom closet open. "Elayne? What's wrong?" He could tell that she was quite upset.

Anja knew that Leon must have left the ballroom so she did as well, hoping to find him. She then stumbled upon a panicked Elayne and a concerned Zelious. "Elayne? What's going on? By the way, have you seen Leon? I need to find him."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 pm

"I saw Leon go in here! Something is blocking the door! I need to get in!" Elayne was smashing herself into the door aggressively and vigorously now, determined to make sure her brother was fine. "I know that face! He tried to kill himself before!" Elayne's eyes were flooded with tears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Anja's eye widened at those words and she moved to try and help Elayne open the door, but Zelious gently stopped her. "Let me handle it. I'll get the door open." Anja nodded, tears gathering in her eyes. "Liam got mad at Leon for unintentionally stressing Vaeri out and causing her to go into labor. He hit him and said some cruel things. I tried to help him, but Leon pushed me away and stormed off."

Zelios moved to gently pull Elayne aside and took out a dagger he had hidden on his person. He used it to help pry the door open and yanked it completely off of the hinges to see what was blocking the door.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:45 pm

What lay behind the door made Elayne jump into action and dive into the clutter that was in front of his door. Leon was on the floor covered in blood. A knife in his hand andbhis wrists soaking in blood. Anja get the healers! Hurry!" Elayne cried as she pulled her brother into an embrace as he groaned painfully. "Leon, why?" She whimpered and kissed his temple. "I hurt everyone...whats the point? I'm a monster." Leon begun to cry weakly. Elayne cried with him and looked to Zel in hopes he can help him. "Please...do something....i cant lose him too..." Elayne sobbed as she tried to comfort her brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Anja felt her heart break at the sight that met their eyes, the sight of Leon covered in blood getting to her. She stared for just a moment before snapping out of it and nodding to Elayne. "I'll go get them at once!" She then ran off, rushing to get the healers before it was too late. Zelious moved over to Elayne and Leon, frowning at the sight of him. "I can heal him enough to keep him from dying. My magic is still recovering from the block so I can't heal him fully."

He knelt beside them and began to heal Leon as best as he could. "Elayne, I won't let him die. I promise you." He was not about to let her down and cause her to lose her brother when he could help. He hoped that Anja would arrive with help before it was too late.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:11 pm

When the healers arrived,they were able to stop his bleeding and put him into a stretcher. When they took him away Elayne sighed and leaned into Zel once they were alone. "Do you think elves at home could help him? Like to rehabilitate him..." She said as she feared what would happen if she left him. She wasn't ready to go back to the reception yet and needed Zel's comfort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm

Anja returned with the healers and kept close to Leon's side, supporting him by holding his hand as they led him away back to the infirmary. Once Zelious was alone with Elayne, he looked at her and pulled her into a hug. "I believe so. We do have elves that are gifted in healing the mind. Perhaps they could be of use to him." He gently rubbed her back, trying to calm her down because he knew that she was quite stressed from Leon trying to kill himself. "I can't help but wonder what Liam could have said to make Leon snap like this. Your friend didn't exactly give us a lot of details."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm

"No one gets under Leon and Liam's skins than each other. They both suffered a lot...more so than Callum did since he was always in command. He never was in the direct line of battle like Liam and Leon. They survived together yet suffered together too...they both have demons with each other. They also have different personalities. Liam was always shy, sensitive, loyal, and honorable. Leon was always prideful, outgoing, liked trouble, and a risk taker. So naturally they are bonded as twins but hated each other's guts when the didn't understand each other." Elayne sigjed and hugged Zelious tight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum