Fields Of Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dreaded Arrangement

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

A Dreaded Arrangement  - Page 21 Empty Re: A Dreaded Arrangement

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:00 am

The birth of his children was bittersweet because it meant that Elayne had to leave him now. He wouldn't see her for a long time, if ever. He didn't want to dwell on negative thoughts and knew that he had to stay strong for the sake of his children. A world without Elayne was hard, but at least she wasn't dead. He remained silent, feeling rather conflicted about all of this.

If only he had had more time to prepare for this day. It wasn't fair but there wasn't anything he could do about it. "Elayne," He started and then closed his mouth, unsure of what to say. Did she even want to say goodbye? He noticed that she was avoiding looking at him and he couldn't help but silently cry, his heart feeling like it was being ripped out of his chest.
Elle
Elle
Admin

https://fields-of-elysium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:07 am

Elayne looked to him with wet eyes and went to him as she held him tight. "Protect them...please..." Elayne whimpered into his chest as her heart was crushing into little pieces. "Make sure they are safe, loved, and happy." Elayne sobbed into his shirt before Aire sighed and Celia opened a portal regretfully for Elayne. It hurt to see Elayne so crestfallen for Celia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:10 am

Zelious didn't hesitate to wrap her up into his arms, holding her close to him as he tried to keep from sobbing. "I will, I swear. I won't let anything happen to them." He pulled back slightly and placing a hand under her chin, tilting her face up to look at him.

"I love you, Elayne. I will always love you," He said before pulling her into a kiss, not caring that her sister and Aire were watching. He never wanted the kiss to end because it meant he had to say goodbye.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:24 am

Elayne cried into the kiss but didnt hesitate to kiss him. She latched to him and allowed him to kiss her deeply and passionately. She sighed at his touch and feel of his lips on hers but she knew that it was time to leave. She pulled away to look at him closely one last time for a long time. She sighed walked back form him. "I love you too...with all my heart." She whimpered as Aire wrapped an arm around Elayne. She took one more look at Zel with teary eyes before stepping into the portal.

Aire walked into Ailuin's king's quarters and helped sobbing Elayne into bed as she groaned painfully into it and latched to her pillow. Aire tucked her in with a frown and hurried into the living area before shutting the door to give Elayne privacy. Aire found Ailuin and Ilayana tending to the childen as he went to sit in a chair near them. "Elayne is fine. She had twins. A boy and a girl. She's crying in the bedroom right now...understandably." Aire said as he looked to Ailuin with a nod and head gesture, encouraging him to comfort his wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:36 am

Zelious enjoyed the kiss, memorizing the feel of her lips against his and the way her body seemed to fit perfectly against his own. He didn't want to say goodbye, he couldn't. It was too painful and he knew in his heart, that she felt the same. So they didn't say goodbye. He wanted to pull her back, but he didn't, knowing that she had to go. Once the portal closed behind Aire and Elayne, he looked at Celia awkwardly.

"So, um... thanks for letting me and the children stay here. I appreciate it. I'm going to go and check on them." He said, wiping his tears away and moving to leave the room to check on his twins. It was up to him to take care of them now. They were his responsibilty and he would do his best to keep them safe and content.

Meanwhile, Ailuin sat with his mother in the living area of the king's quarters. He had Belle and Thalion on his lap while Ilayana held his youngest daughter. He wished he could be with Elayne in her time of need, but knew that his time to comfort her would come. He looked up as the door opened and Aire stepped out into the room, the sound of Elayne's sobs meeting his ear.

"I am relieved to hear that nothing went wrong during the birth." He stood up, careful not to drop his children as he bent to set them on the floor so that they could crawl around. "Will you two please keep an eye on them while I go and check on Elayne?" Once they had given their consent, he headed into the bedroom and closed the door behind him.

He walked over to Elayne and gently sat down on the bed beside her, placing a hand on her arm. "Elayne, come here." He beckoned her towards him, knowing that she wanted to be held.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:43 am

Elayne heard Ailuin enter as she sobbed and honestly was relieved that he came to comfort her. She turned to him and curled up into his embrace. "I couldn't even look at them." She cried as she felt her heart break. "I'm an awful mother." She sobbed as she cried into his chest. She was so upset and in pain from leaving Zel and the children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 am

Ailuin wrapped his arms around her and kept her close, gently rubbing her back. "You are not an awful mother. You are doing the best that you can to keep them safe and away from harm. That is not being an awful mother, but a good mother. As a parent, you sometimes have to sacrifice things in order to keep them safe and happy."

He kissed the top of her head and moved to lay down comfortably with her practically on top of him. He looked down at her with a soft expression on her face. "I know that is difficult right now, having to leave them, but it is for their own safety. When they are older, they will understand. And once our children are grown, you are free from the burden of being my queen. Everything is going to work out, Elayne. You just need to stay strong and do not forget that I will be right here by your side."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:11 am

Elayne looked at him and listened to Ailuin. She nodded with a sigh as she felt calm. She couldn't help it but she pulled his face in for a gentle kiss for comfort and curled against him. "Don't leave me... I need you." Elayne said before she slowly got tired and drifted away.

Five years later: 

The Fae market was bustling today as merchants of all races far and wide were gathered to sell their wares. A little elven boy decided to stray off to find a toy merchant while his father was distracted looking at hunting gear. The little elfling found a colorful booth of all toys galore. A shiny green stuffed dragon with gems on the scales called to him as he picked it up. He sat on the ground while people walked by and played with the dragon that was nearly the size of him. "Looks like you found a pal...where's your mother?" A pretty ginger female merchant knelt with the elf boy. "My momma is with the gods." The boy said as the merchant looked surprised. "I'm sure she's taken well care of then. What a lovely companion. You know, dragons are the most wisest of creatures? Some can ever speak." She giggled as the little boy laughed. "What's your name little on?" She asked as the boy played with the dragon. "Cal, short for Calanon. Its my birthday today!" Cal giggled as the merchant giggled. "Oh its your birthday?! Happy birthday!" She giggled as she stayed with him until a guardian showed. "How about you com sit here and play with the dragon." She picked him up and placed him onto a chair while he continued to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:20 am

Zelious was busy looking at the hunting gear being sold by a merchant he was quite familiar with. He was in the middle of a conversation with the vendor when the little girl at his side tugged on his shirt bottom. "Papa," She said, trying to get his attention as she gazed up at him.

He paused in his conversation and glanced down at her with his blue eyes. "Not now, little dove," He said before looking back at the merchant to continue talking. Annoyed with her father, the little girl tugged on his father's shirt again. "Papa, Cal is gone." Zelious stopped talking at that and looked around, seeing that Cal was indeed gone.

"Not again," He swore, saying goodbye to the merchant without buying anything and picked his daughter, Vanya up as he looked at her. "Did you see which way he went?" He asked, hoping that she had been paying attention where her brother had gone. She nodded and pointed in the direction he had gone. "That way, papa."

He then took off with his daughter in tow, trying not to grow frantic as he searched for his son. "Calanon! Where are you?" He called out, hoping that Cal would hear him and come running. When that didn't happen, he felt Vanya patting his cheek. "Look, papa. At that booth right there," She said, guiding her father to look where Calanon was sitting on the chair and playing.

Zelious didn't hesitate to rush towards him, looking relieved. "Cal! There you are! What have I told you about straying from my side?" He said sternly, not even noticing the pretty merchant next to him.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:31 am

"Dragon!" Cal exclaimed as he showed the pretty dragon to his father. It was clear Cal was not paying attention to what his father was scolding him about. "I'm sorry, perhaps my shop has caught his attention. I always worried if my shop was too colorful." She smiled at Zelious before tucking a hair behind her ear to reveal she was human. "Cal seems like a sweet boy. Oh and hello little one. I guess its your birthday too isn't it. I think i know just the toy for you..." She giggled as she pulled out a pretty unicorn stuffed animal for the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:49 am

Zelious sighed as it seemed that Cal wasn't even listening to his scolding. It couldn't be helped as Cal was still too young to understand things like that. He then paused at the sound of a female and turned to finally see the merchant. He froze at the sight of her, stunned by her beauty. He couldn't help but mesmorized by her beauty.

However, a mental image of Elayne flashed into his mind and he felt guilt for having even thought this woman was just as beautiful as Elayne. "A human merchant? I wasn't expecting to see one in the Fae lands. I apologize if my son has caused you any trouble." Vanya perked up as the pretty lady started talking to her and couldn't help but smile as she nodded. "Mmhm," She said before brightening at the sight of the unicorn stuffed animal.

She reached out to grab it before pausing as she glanced at her father. He blinked and considered saying no, but it was their birthday, after all, so he thought it was okay. He gave a nod of approval and watched as she beamed in joy and gratefully accepted the toy. "How much for the stuffed animals?" He asked, focusing on the merchant.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:01 am

The merchant smiled and watched Vanya brighten at the sight of the unicorn. "It is their birthday right? No charge. Just promise me you'll come back every birthday." She giggled as Cal jumped up. "Yes! Yes! Can we, Papa?" Cal said excitedly as the Merchant smiled. "My name is Freya, by the way. I come once a month on my travels. I have an elf companion who joins me. No doubt she's off trading." She giggled and extended her hand to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:05 am

Zelious looked surprised at the kindness of the female merchant, having not expected her to give the toys for free. He then smiled at her, grateful for her generosity. "Thank you," He said then paused as he glanced at his son and noticed that Vanya was giving him puppy eyes as well. How could he say no with both of them looking at him like that?

"Sure, we can definitely stop by every birthday. Thank you again." He extended his hand and took hers, nodding. "My name is Zelious. You've already met Calanon. This is Vanya. Say hello, little dove." Vanya beamed at the merchant lady. "Hi!" Zelious glanced up at the sky. "It looks like it's going to rain soon. We should probably get going pretty soon if we want to make it home before the rain hits." Vanya looked up at her father with a pout. "Do we have to, papa? I wanna talk to the pretty merchant lady some more," She said, pleading with him.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:14 am

"Its a pleasure! Oh excuse me, more customers. Enjoy the market!" Freya said as she moved behind the stand to help with another customer. When it was time to leave Cal moaned about wanting to stay with the pretty merchant and play. "Markets are so boring though!" Cal whined as he turned around to look at Freya but instead there was a pretty white haired woman. "Papa! Look at the pretty white haired woman!" Cal exclaimed as he tugged his pant leg but she was gone. "Huh? But she was right there looking at me..." Callum said in confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:17 am

"Thank you. Take care," He said before focusing on his children and setting Vanya down so he could carry the stuffed animals for them. "I know, Cal, but the markets usually have items that we need. Now let's go." He then paused as his Cal tugged on his pants leg and froze at the words coming from his son's mouth.

He couldn't help but think of Elayne and he turned sharply, hoping that it was her but when he looked, there was no one there. He felt disappointed, but knew it wasn't likely it was Elayne anyways. She was still at the castle with his half-brother.

"Don't worry about it, Cal. Let's go home." He started to walk, knowing that Vanya would keep a hold of Cal as she grabbed his hand and followed after their father. Zelious missed Elayne and wanted to see her more than anything but knew that it would still be many years before he could see her again. He had told the children that she died once they had gotten old enough to question why they didn't have a mother. It hurt him to lie to them, but it wasn't like he could explain where Elayne truly was. They wouldn't understand.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:24 am

Elayne peeked from behind the merchant stand with her iridescent hair glowing and her eyes sparkling at her lover and their twins. "Happy birthday, my little ones..." She said to them even though they couldn't hear her. After seeing them for the first time, Elayne was relieved to know Zelious took such good care of them. They seemed so happy and full of life. She only hoped one day she would be able to join them and be free of this dreaded arrangement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum