Fields Of Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dreaded Arrangement

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

A Dreaded Arrangement  - Page 19 Empty Re: A Dreaded Arrangement

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:04 pm

"How can I calm down when you just collapsed like this? You scared me!" He then remembered that they weren't alone and gave the healer a side eyed glance before focusing back on Elayne as he tried not to give into the urge to pace again. Once the healer was done and they were alone, he gazed at her softly.

"I will help you take care of the children while Ailuin is busy ruling." He then felt Belle hugging his leg and looked down, smiling at her and bent to pick her up. "Hello, little one. You are getting so big." He held her close and snuggled her, kissing the top of her head before moving to sit down beside Elayne. "You need to rest."

Meanwhile, Ailuin had decided to go and see Liam, Vaeri, and their child first. He knocked on the door, patiently waiting for them to answer. Footsteps approached from the other side of the door before it opened, revealing a happy looking Vaeri. "Hi, Ailuin. You look stressed. What's wrong?" She asked, frowning as she idly rocked her baby.

"I will explain in due time, but I need you to meet in the dining hall as soon as you are able. I am calling for a family meeting." Vaeri nodded. "Okay, we will be there." She then closed the door so that she could get ready with her husband. Ailuin then went to his next target: his twin sisters. He didn't think Rosaria would leave her room, but he needed to get Zaleria to come.

He knocked on the door and waited until it opened, revealing a surprised Zaleria. "Little brother, I wasn't expecting to see you here. Is everything all right? If this is about Rosaria, she still won't come out of her room." She looked worried, glancing back in the direction of her sister's room. "No, I just wanted to tell you that I am calling for a family meeting. I know Rosaria will not be up for it, but I expect you to be there." Zaleria nodded. "I'll be there, don't worry." She then closed the door and he went off to his final target: his mother.

He hated disturbing her while she was having alone time with Aire, but it couldn't be helped. As he entered the garden, he found Ilayana and Aire having tea. "Mother," He said as he approached, causing her to look up at him with a smile. "Ah, my darling boy. Have you come to visit your mother?" She asked teasingly, giggling softly.

"I am calling for a family meeting. Something has come up that I want to tell all of you at once. It is not something you will like." Ilayana frowned at that, having a bad feeling. "What is it, Ailuin?" She asked, but her son shook his head. "I will tell you all at once. Just meet in the dining hall soon."
Elle
Elle
Admin

https://fields-of-elysium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:22 pm

"Oh Zel, im more worried for you! Promise me you won't do anything crazy?" Elayne knew Zelious was fuming inside knowing Taeral was alive, she was also afraid. "I can see it on your face, you want revenge. This is not the time for being so hasty!" Elayne frowned as Belle hugged Zel's neck and giggled brightly as she transformed into a snow leopard cub. Elayne gawked at her daughter as she watched her baby choose her form. "Oh sweet gods...she chose her form! And so early..." Elayne felt tears of pride well up as Belle playfully pawed at Zel's face.

Aire was snuggling with his new wife and whispering sweet nothings to her until Ailuin appeared out of nowhere and made Aire jump away. He couldn't deny he was hoping for another round in the garden but Ailuin freaked him out. He cleared his throat and looked at Ailuin in surprise of his dark mood. "Should I come?" Aire said as he held Ilayana tightly in concern.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:29 pm

"I don't know if I can promise that, Elayne." He sighed and gazed at her helplessly, unable to deny that he was so very angry at his father being alive. "I want him dead. The longer he is alive, the more chances he gets at hurting the people I love. What if he tries to hurt you? He doesn't know about our relationship, but he knows that you're married to Ailuin which makes you a target as far as he is concerned. Look at what he did to my wife and children. He murdered them because they were human and half human." He looked terrified, worried about her.

However, as Belle transformed into a snow leopard cub, he felt his worries melt away. "She chose the same form as I have," He said, stunned by her choice. He couldn't help the tears forming in his eyes as he forgot about his anger and hatred towards his father. "Oh, Belle, you are such a wonderful child!" He hugged her close, once again wishing that she was his.

Ailuin looked at Aire and nodded. "Of course, you are part of the family now, Aire. I want you there to support my mother when she hears the news I have to tell. It will not be something she will be pleased to hear about." Ilayana looked at her son with worry in her eyes. "My son, you are scaring me. I've never seen your face so dark." She got up and rushed over to him, throwing her arms around him.

"Tell me, baby, what's wrong?" Ailuin hesitated before hugging his mother back, burying his face against her shoulder. "It..it...it is Father. He is alive." Ilayana gasped and pulled away to look her son in the face. "Are you certain? Did you see him?" She asked, looking afraid. Ailuin nodded. "Yes, Callum found him on an island in the human lands and brought him to us. He is currently in our dungeons." Ilayana looked ready to faint and swayed on her feet, causing Ailuin to catch and steady her. "Oh Gods.." Ilayana breathed, looking quite stressed out.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:42 pm

"My love, easy..." Aire said calmly as he gathered her in his arms and kissed her forehead. "Well he is in the dungeons...there is no escape. Its impossible to escape those ancient dungeons so Taeral is safely put away. I should know, my father built them with my grandfather. We have never had a breakout, and we have imprisoned worse than Taeral. So both of you, calm. We'll make it through this." Aire said as he wrapped an arm around Ilayana and held Ailuin's shoulder. "Do not despair yet, alright?" Aire said as he tried to give the both a hopeful expression.

Elayne leaned into Zel and giggled as Belle played in her snow leopard form. "She has a couple hearts in her spots, look! And a diamond on her forehead." Elayne giggled with excitement for Zelious. "I know this is hard Zel but soon you wont be near him. I know Ailuin won't let anything happen to us." Elayne smiled and kissed him gently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Ilayana turned and leaned heavily against Aire, burying her face in his chest. She held onto his shirt loosely, trying to steady her breathing to calm herself. She had never expected that Taeral would still be alive. She had hoped that she had been rid of him for good and that she could finally be happy with Aire.

Ailuin looked at his mother and step-father in worry. "Mother, I refuse to allow him to harm you or Zaleria. He is only being kept alive because there might be more people imprisoned on the island. I do not know if he will cooperate, but I hope that he will. Mother, he does not seem to have changed, either."

Zelious gazed down at Belle playing in her leopard form. He wanted to shift into his own leopard form and play with her, but he knew that he needed to remain in his humanoid form. Not to mention, it had been awhile since he had transformed. "I would feel better if he was truly dead like he was supposed to be," Zelious said with a grumble, crossing his arms over his chest.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 pm

"Hush, everything will be fine." Aire said as he rubbed his wife's back and kissed her lovingly. "Ilayana, i won't let him harm you or anyone else and I mean it. I don't break my promises you know that." Aire said as he kissed her again. He sat Ilayana down and turned to Ailuin. "Come here..." Aire said as he gathered Ailuin in his arms, knowing full well he was terrified and going to break. "He wont hurt you anymore." Aire said knowing Ailuin himself had his own pain from Taeral. "You all have always been my children from afar. Now, I'm going to protect you all." Aire spoke gently to Ailuin and held him so Ailuin was allowed a moment to let go of his emotions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Ilayana looked up at Aire, calming down thanks to his words. He always knew how to calm her down when she was feeling upset or stressed. She was so grateful to have him by her side. "I know, my love. You have always been true to your word." She kissed him back and then settled down into the chair, looking at Ailuin. Her poor baby. He must have been so scared even though he was trying to be strong. She wished she had protected her children better.

Ailuin hesitated before going to Aire and hugged him back. "Thank you, Aire. You have always been more of a father to me than my own. I know you will help keep us safe but I will do my part as well. I will not allow him to hurt anyone ever again." Despite his words, tears formed in his eyes as he tried to compose himself. "We should probably head to the dining hall. That's where I told everyone to meet and they still need to know."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Aire let him go and nodded as he helped Ilayana up and inside. He know she needed him there to break the news to the others. As he got to the dininghall, he helped his wife into a seat and held onto her. Liam walked in with Vaeri and looked at his in-laws curiously. "Is everything alright? Is my sister alright?" Liam asked, worried his sister was in trouble. She had a knack for getting into trouble afterall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Ailuin led the way back to the dining hall after composing himself, knowing that he needed to appear strong in this troubling time. Would he and his family ever get a break? It seemed like bad things just kept happening to them. He just hoped that things would eventually turn right again. He entered the dining hall and moved to take his seat at the head, looking up as Liam and Vaeri showed up with their baby.

Vaeri looked worried as she held her daughter, glancing at the dark expressions on her family's face. Ailuin sighed at Liam's question and motioned for him to sit down as they waited for Zaleria to show up. "Elayne is fine, though she did almost faint. She has been seen by a healer and probably just needs some rest. Zelious is with her right now. Once Zaleria gets here, I will explain everything."

As if on cue, Zaleria arrived with Elas and the two moved to sit down. "Sorry if we were late. I had to hunt down and Elas and make sure he came along. I hope that's okay," She said, glancing at her brother. "It is fine. Elas is part of our family, too." Elas nodded in gratitude.

"Now that we are gathered---" Ailuin started but was interrupted by Vaeri. "Is Rosaria not coming?" She asked, concerned about her older sister. Zaleria took over and shook her head. "No, she still won't leave her bedroom. She won't even let me in. But I know she listens to what I have to say but she doesn't talk back. But I will let her know what is going on."

Ailuin looked at his sisters, waiting patiently for them to finish before trying again. "Callum found something on the island that we were planning to house Ernessa. It seemed that Gregory had already built on the land. They found one building, but there are others. Inside this building, they found some elves but one in particular is why I have gathered you all together." He paused, gathering the strength to continue.

"Father was found in one of the cells. He is alive and currently in the dungeon. We are planning to keep him alive in hopes that he will cooperate and tell us who else is being held prisoner in these buildings. Now I-- Zaleria!" He cut himself off as he saw his sister faint at the news, Elas catching her before she could tumble off of her chair.

Elas gazed down at her with worry shining in his blue eyes and began to try and rouse her. "Zal, Zal..wake up!" Ailuin frowned but looked at Liam and Vaeri. Vaeri looked shocked at this news. Eventually, she snapped out of it and looked at them with worry. "He's alive? I can't believe it. Ailuin, are you sure keeping him alive is wise? Especially keeping him in the dungeon?" She glanced over at her parents with worry.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Aire hurried over and put his hands on both sides of her temple as his palms glow. "Zaleria, come on dear...wake up..." Aire said as he gently tried to coax her out of unconsciousness. When she came to Aire allowed Elas to console her. "The dungeons are the safest place for him to be in the time being." Aire tried to reassure everyone. "We cannot be rash and risk losing somebody in those dungeons...we need Taeral's information." Aire said as Liam held Vaeri tight. "Vaeri... I dont want Aria around this..." Liam said as he felt a pang of panic surge inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:32 pm

When Zaleria came to, she awoke with a panicked look on her face. She clutched onto Elas, looking frightened. "Please, Elas, don't let him hurt me. Not again," She said, looking frantic as Elas wrapped his arms around her in a tight, comforting hug. "I swear I won't let him hurt you. Aire is right, he's not going to break out. You're safe. Breathe with me," He said, knowing that she was having a panic attack.

As the two of them worked on getting Zaleria calm again, Vaeri looked at her husband with worry. "I agree. I don't want to want him anywhere near our daughter. Maybe we can go and stay in Avinora until things are settled here. Is that all right, Ailuin?" She asked, looking at her brother who sighed, but nodded.

"Of course, Vaeri. I sincerely doubt that Callum would mind." He then looked at his mother who was being rather quiet. She had a grave expression on her face as she glanced at Ailuin. "You know he's not going to cooperate, Ailuin. We might be able to have one of the mages tap into his memories to see if we can find out what he knows about these other dungeons."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Liam frowned, he didn't like the idea of leaving when he just got back but Aria and Vaeri's safety was his first priority. "We should go...now...i dont want to risk anything. If Taeral finds out about Vaeri, i dont want him to know where we are...the mountain city of the Shadesongs will keep us safe... Temporarily until we know for sure Taeral is no threat..." Liam said as he pulled Vaeri to him protectively. "We leave tonight... No one is to speak of our whereabouts..." Liam growled before pulling Vaeri away to hurry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Ailuin looked at Liam with an expression of understanding on his handsome features. He looked tired and extremely stressed but he was still trying to stay strong for his family. "I understand, Liam. I would hate for him to lash out when he finds out that Vaeri is not his but also married to you. He was already angry at my marriage to Elayne. I just want the three of you to be safe. We will keep your location a secret, I swear."

He watched as the trio departed, Vaeri giving one last look at her family before allowing her husband to whisk her and their daughter away. She didn't want to leave her family but she had to keep her baby safe. She didn't want Taeral to even know about her daughter.

Zaleria finally calmed down and looked at her brother. "I am going to head back to my room. Rosaria needs to know right away that father is back in the picture." She stood up and clutched onto Elas's arm. "Let me know if you need anything, little brother. You don't have to do all of this alone." She blew a kiss at him before departing with her lover.

Ailuin sighed as he was once again left with his mother and her husband. Ilayana stood up and walked over to her son, taking him in his arms and letting his head rest against her chest. "It's okay, my darling boy. I won't let him hurt you." Ailuin hugged his mother and sighed. "Thank you, mother, but I am far more worried about you. How are you holding up?" He asked, looking up at her as she smiled. "I am fine. I know that I am safe from that monster."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Meanwhile, Elayne had pretended to fall asleep. She knew Zel would surely fall asleep too if patient enough. Elayne then glanced at him to make sure he was sleeping. Belle was still in her leopard form and sleeping soundly while the other two slept in their cribs. Elayne very quietly and gently got out of bed as she tiptoed downstairs. Elayne couldn't help her strange curiosity to Taeral. She really wanted to see if he was as cruel as he seemed.

Elayne found her way down to the heavily guarded dungeons and magic barricaded cells. She sighed as she walked down the halls before meeting the former king's gaze. "Hello...I am Elayne..." She spoke to him gently as she approached the bars. She knew he couldn't put his hands through the bars so she was safe to approach. "Your Grace, I must ask...why? Why is there so much disdain for our kind in your heart? Was it the war? Perhaps you felt you were protecting Zelious...i just...cant understand why a person would be driven to such actions. You killed his wife...you murdered innocent children. I want to understand..." Elayne held herself nervously but didnt back down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Zelious had eventually fallen asleep, holding onto Belle as she slept. He didn't stir when Elayne got up and left, oblivious to her destination. If he had been awake, he would have surely stopped her. Meanwhile, Taeral was annoyed that he was right back in another dungeon. He was disappointed that his own son would throw him back into a dungeon. He could have at least allowed Taeral to wash up.

At the sound of footsteps, he stood up and moved over to the bars to see if someone was coming to visit him. Perhaps if it was his son or wife, he could talk them into letting him out. When Elayne rounded the corner and approached, he let out a sigh of frustration. What did that human whore want?

"I care not who are, woman." As much as he despised humans, her company was better than being left alone in another cell. "Why should I answer any of your questions, woman? I owe you nothing." He glowered at her, preferring to be stubborn and avoid answering her question. "Humans are not to be trusted."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:21 pm

"That is correct you owe me nothing...I am sorry to disturb you." Elayne remained calm as she went ahead to sit on the ground as her big skirt laid in a flat circle and her petticoat underneath kept her comfortable. "It must have been terrifying, protecting your kingdom one minute and then trapped in a cell the next, only to be thrown into another one by your sons. I'm sorry if my people hurt you...especially for my father's actions..." Elayne tried to stay gentle and understanding. "Your Grace, I...I care very deeply for your son. Things...did not work out the way i wanted but our children...they keep our relationship alive. I'm also part Fae, your grandchildren...are very powerful. If you wanted...i could introduce them to you..." Elayne tried very hard to be kind and sweet despite his cruelty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Taeral didn't like that he wasn't intimidating her one bit. Deep down, it did impress him that she wasn't quivering at his harsh gaze. Most women would have ran if he had looked at them like that. "I have never fallen victim to fear." He glowered at her, obviously not trusting her despite her sincere apologies. He wasn't about to believe that she was being sincere.

After all, since when had a human ever given him reason to trust them? It was humans that had started this war, too. He paused at the mention of her being part Fae and his grandchildren being powerful. He couldn't deny the spark of interest as he stepped closer to the bars. He knew that he couldn't go past them, though.

"You're not fully human? And your children are powerful?" He made no move to mask his interest in them, even if he had previously considered them abominations. "Yes, I would like to see them. I would also like to see my wife."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:43 pm

"No, my father had fallen for a fae princess...had children with her. He wanted her to be his but no one can own a faery's heart. She wanted to be free in her world...he hated and held deep resentment for her. He invaded her kingdom in the fae dominion so he could take me and my siblings from her. He killed her and cut her wings..." Elayne said as she sighed and rubbed a single tear from her eye. "For years our father erased our memories of her and made us believe that his queen was our mother." Elayne explained. "I hadn't told anyone but...my wings have begun to grow in." Elayne said as she willed her beautiful iridescent moth wings to grow out of her back as the gently flapped behind her. "Would you be kind to them? My children?" Elayne asked curiously and did not respond to his request about his wife. She wasn't lying but simply witholding information that wasnt hers to give.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Taeral was quiet as she told him about her life story, unable to deny his curiosity. He supposed that because she wasn't fully human, that she wasn't all that bad. But she was still Gregory's daughter and he loathed that man. It was a pity that Taeral hadn't killed him when he had the chance.

"I would consider it," He said in response to her question about if he would be nice to her children. He wasn't completely heartless. These children were different than the ones that Zelious had. He wasn't quite sure what to think about them.

"Tell me, is my son going to kill me?" He asked quietly, looking at her with an almost sad look. He didn't want to admit it, but it did pain him that his children hated him. He had always done what was best for them, even if he couldn't see how twisted his actions had been.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Elayne paused for a moment, wondering herself if Ailuin. "I do not know. I think part of him wants to, but the other part doesn't. They are your children after all...no one wants to kill their parents. Even when my father nearly killed me and my new born babies, part of me didn't want to kill him. But, nothing mattered more than my little ones and i would rather die than let my father harm them. I killed my father with my own magic. I had to..." Elayne sighed as she stared at Taeral. "I think the question Ailuin is facing is not if he wants to kill you. The question is what is safest for his people he sworn to protect? Does that make sense?" Elayne asked as she looked at him. "You are very beautiful, i see where Ailuin got his handsome features from... My daughter and son inherited your blonde hair too. My third has my red hair...i had red hair before...its a boring story." Elayne sighed as she tried to treat Taeral like a person and not a monster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 pm

He made a mental note to tuck the information about her killing her father away in his head. Just because he was talking civilly with her did not mean he liked or trusted her. She was, after all, part human and Gregory's daughter. Who knew if she was really being genuine.

"My mother has blonde hair," He said quietly, more to himself as he thought about her. He had locked her away when she had started to question his judgment. Had Gregory taken over in the care of her and the others he had imprisoned? Was she even still alive? Were any of them?
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:15 pm

"She must have been beautiful. I'm sorry you lost her." Elayne sighed as she then looked at him. "Do you still think humans are terrible? Perhaps we were just misguided by a horrible king?" Elayne tilted her head as her wings faded. "Do you really hate Zelious? For finding love?" She asked curiously but gently. She didn't want to anger him so she tried to keep her voice low and gentle. She also tried to keep a more submissive expression instead of a challenging one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Taeral huffed at that, but didn't bother to correct her. He didn't trust her with the knowledge that his mother was still alive as far as he knew. "You are only part human so I cannot judge the human race based on you. But yes, as far as I am concerned, humans are still terrible." He then glanced at her.

"I do not hate my son. I hate that he fell for a human woman instead of another elf. I had many women set up for him to choose from and he ignored them all. That human made him weak and distracted him from his duty as crown prince. She needed to be eliminated." He then paused at the sound of hurried footsteps.

Zelious had eventually woken up and noticed that Elayne was gone. After placing Bell back in her crib, he knew that there was only one place that Elayne could be but he prayed that she wasn't there. He rushed to the dungeons as fast as he could, not bothering to alert anyone. Maybe he was wrong and she wasn't there but Elayne was a rather curious creature.

He didn't stop until he reached his father's cell and was disheartened to see that Elayne was indeed there. "Elayne! Get away from him!" Taeral looked at his son, noting the look of concern on his features as he gazed at Elayne. Had Zelious fallen for his brother's queen? This was rather interesting. He noted that she was also pregnant. Who was the father?

"Tell me, Elayne, who is the father of the children that you currently carrying? Is it Ailuin or perhaps Zelious?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at her. Zelious snapped his gaze on his father and growled. "Silence! You have no right to talk to her."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Elayne was about to say more until she heard footsteps and then saw Zelious running to her as Elayne struggled but got up. "Zelious, hush. I'm fine." Elayne spoke calmly but paused at Taeral's question. "Zel, stop. Taeral and I were having a perfectly calm conversation." Elayne hated whe Zel treated her like she was a fragile doll all the time. "I was arranged to marry Ailuin and for a while things were perfect. Then the war...changed us both. Zel saved me and there was an instant connection. Ailuin knows...he's respected our relationship. I don't plan to be his queen forever. Just until our children come of age." Elayne said calmly to him. "Don't approve? I'm sorry to offend you, your Grace. I am part fae after all...we are untamed spirits..." Elayne looked at Taeral and wandered what his response would be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Taeral had to admit that he was rather impressed though he wasn't about to show it in front of them. It seemed that this woman had a lot more gall than Zelious's last woman. "You are an interesting woman, Elayne. I can see why my sons are so fascinated by you."

Zelious growled at that and took Elayne and placed her behind him, blocking his father's sight from her. He didn't even want him to look at Elayne. He was on edge having Elayne so close to his father, especially after the last time she had been around him, she had practically fainted. "Elayne, we should go," Zelious said, praying that Elayne wouldn't argue with him about this.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum