Fields Of Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dreaded Arrangement

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

A Dreaded Arrangement  - Page 18 Empty Re: A Dreaded Arrangement

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:21 pm

As Elayne heard Zel was approaching Elayne jumped up and bolted at Zel with a tight hug. "I'm sorry i snapped! Its the hormones i cant help it!" She begun to wail again and Oberon frowned as he looked at Zel uncomfortably. "She's carrying two. Double the emotions. Her mother was like this with the twins....well my twins. Something about dark elf babies makes them...moodier..." Oberon was no fool. He noticed Elayne and Zel at the wedding fawning over each other with their eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Zelious snapped his gaze to Elayne as she rushed to him, enveloping him in a tight hug. He wanted to hug her back, but he didn't want to seem too friendly with her in front of these three. He gently hugged her back and then let go, looking down at her. "It's okay," He said softly, though grew uncomfortable when she started to cry.

It wasn't because he wasn't used to her crying, it was just that he didn't feel like he could comfort her properly while in the presence of his uncle and the other two. He then looked at Oberon in surprise, opening and closing his mouth for a moment before sighing. "I-I don't..." Idris chuckled, having noticed their interaction at the wedding as well.

"It's all right, Zelious. We won't tell anyone about you and the queen." He then glanced at the silent Aurelius who had no expression on his features. He sensed Idris's gaze on him and looked at the elf before giving a nod to show he wouldn't tell, either.

"If you are ready, your grace, I can open a portal for you and Zelious," Aurelius said, causing Zelious to look at him.
Elle
Elle
Admin

https://fields-of-elysium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Elayne looked to Idris and Oberon and sighed as she was relieved thanks to them. She wasn't ready to talk to her mother but her eyrs gazed to Idris. "You're exiled aren't you? Shouldn't we change that? You and your lover should be allowed to visit...you should be able to get to know Ailuin and youre nieces..." She said before looking to Aurelius. "I'm sorry. Yes...i am." Elayne gathered her skirts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Idris looked taken off guard by her question, having not expected her to bring it up. "Ah, yes, I am..." He trailed off, even more surprised when she suggested that they change that. "I would like to get to know them, yes. If you would speak to your husband about the matter of my exile, it would be most appreciated. I am grateful that Zelious has been pardoned." He then paused and offered her a smile.

"It was a pleasure to see you, your grace. I would love to come back to my homeland and see how much it has changed in my absence. Perhaps I might find clues about what happened to my mother back at the palace." Zelious looked startled at that. "What do you mean, uncle? I thought she died?" Idris shook his head, a determined look on his face. "No, I don't believe that for a second. I believe my brother did something with her and has hidden her from me."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:44 pm

"Taeral wouldn't do something to his own mother right? Surely he has a heart?" Elayne said as she looked at Zel curiously and back to Idris. "I will bring this up to my husband. Farewell...Zel...come." Elayne sighed as she approached Aurelius. "Thank you for helping us home... I'm sorry if i scared your little girl...i just was in shock." Elayne apologized to Aurelius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Idris looked at Elayne with a troubled look on his face, shaking his head. "My brother was crazy. It would not surprise me if he did something to our mother. She went missing and I know he had something to do with it. I want to believe that she is still alive somewhere. But I digress, don't let me keep you from returning home. Be well, your grace."

Zelious frowned, finding it odd that his grandmother would have suddenly gone missing. Then again, if it Taeral was indeed involved, it wouldn't surprise him. Zelious knew firsthand, like Idris, how crazy and deranged his father had turned out. He nodded to his uncle as Idris moved to stand beside Oberon.

Aurelius gazed down at Elayne, shaking his head at her words. "Do not apologize. Aine is fine but it did confuse her when her mother's true form was revealed. We haven't told the children about who she really is." He then opened a portal, placing a hand on his chest and bowing. "If you step inside this portal, it will transport you back to the castle in the elven lands."

Time-Skip

Time had passed since the trip to Avinora and Elayne was beginning to show. It was now impossible to hide the fact that she was pregnant and it was her decision to keep this hidden. In fact, she had taken to hiding inside of Zelious's tower. He didn't mind, but he knew that it bothered Ailuin. Of course, Ailuin wouldn't say anything and didn't try to stop her from remaining there.

It did help that his mother and Elayne were once again one speaking terms, thanks to Aire's intervention. Even Zaleria had tried being more open with Elayne. Rosaria, however, remained locked in her room, refusing to come out even to eat. Zaleria was forced to bring her meals so that her twin ate.

Ailuin had approved the request to have Idris's exile status revoked and extended an invitation to his uncle to come and visit the kingdom. When Elayne had brought him news about Idris's thoughts about his grandmother, he set about looking into it but couldn't find anything about her other than she had died. However, there was no information on how she had died which seemed quite suspicious to him.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Meanwhile, Callum was off in one of his ships with Hawthorne Asgeir, and Griffin at his side. They were approaching the isle as Callum was going over his plans for the new prison for Ernessa. "I want a protective wall around the isle and a watchtower in north, south, east, and west of the isle. Can you provide the materials, Asgeir? I will pay you with more elven guards to protect your lands from the snow elves and orcs invading you." Callum said as he looked forward regally. "Ailuin will provide us with a few of his best mages and two guards whom are specialized in guarding Ernessa." He said to Griffin as Hawthorne furrowed his brow at something. "Do any of you see that strange building? Was that there before Griffin?" Hawthorne asked as Griffin looked surprised. "No...this isle was supposed to be completely untouched...what has Gregory done now?!" He said as Callum unsheathed his sword. He didn't like this, the idea of Gregory holding something on a remote isle. As they anchored the ship, Callum and his men set out to go find what was inside this building.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:55 pm

"Of course, your grace. I would be happy to provide the materials needed for the construction." Asgeir was all too happy to help. Unlike Gregory, Callum was easy to work with and had a good head on his shoulders. He seemed to genuinely care about the people, too. Asgeir was proud to serve Callum as his king.

He tore himself from his thoughts and looked at the building that had been spotted by Hawthorne. He studied it for a moment before frowning. "I don't like the look of that. Knowing Gregory, he is bound to have traps and who knows what else lurking in there. Though, I confess, I am curious about what we will find inside of it."

Meanwhile, in a dark cell inside of the building was a lone prisoner. He had lost count of how long he had been in here, unaware of all that was going on around him. He hated how filthy he was, his once fine blonde hair ragged and wild looking. His skin was dirty and he wasn't in the best health, but he was still alive. And he was angry, oh so angry at being imprisoned here. It had been quite some time since he had a visitor, though.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:40 pm

Once they got to shore, Cal had the guards lead them to what looked like a temple. "What in Avinora is this?" Callum said before looking at the dark stairway. The guards started to walk in with torches and swords drawn. Callum would follow cautiously with Hawthorne and Griffin in front to protect their king if needed to. As they walked downa a dark path, it was clear this place had many cells. They went a long ways down and many of them had skulls. Callum was then startled by a loud bang as three elves in a cell yelled in elvish for help. Callum hurried to them as they spoke in elvish to Callum luckily he knew of their tongue. "Please! Please! Let us out!" A pretty female begged and cried. She was clearly wood elf with her modest brown hair in gold green eyes. "Its alright...we'll get you out." Callum answered in their tongue. "Get back..." Callum told them as the three ladies nodded and ran to a corner of the cell. Callum used his magic to blow down the cell door. The elves ran over to hug Callum in relief they were safe. They all muttered in elvish which was hard for Callum to understand. "Quiet, shhhh. What is this place?" Callum asked as the three elves looked terrified at Callum as they realized he was human and ran back into the cell to hide. "No no! Elves and humans are friends now. Look... I just want to help. See? I'll put away my sword." Callum said as he sheathed his sword. "King took us away here...told us we were embarrassment to his kingdom." A dark haired one said as Callum looked in confusion. "My father took you here? Embarrassment? How did you know him?" Callum asked but the elbes shook their heads. "No not human king. Human king was mean to us... Sometimes torture us. Taeral...brought us here...." A blonde one said as Callum's eyes widened at this. "My father and Taeral worked together?!" He said in shock. "Until Gregory locked him in here with us..." The brunette said as Callum didn't hesitate to draw his sword and glare at the hall of cells. "Hawthorne, guide these ladies to the ships." Callum said as he begun to carfully walk down the hall. It was until he saw Taeral locked up in a cell that Callum glared coldly and froze. "So you're alive? Shame. Our worlds were safer with you gone. Give me one reason i shouldn't let you rot here." Callum growled at Taeral.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:51 pm

Taeral heard a commotion and opened his green eyes, glancing in the direction of the noise. Was Gregory back to mock him? Although he didn't know how much time had passed since he was thrown in here, he knew that it had been awhile since Gregory had showed his face here. As the footsteps approached, he was expecting to see Gregory but was surprised when he didn't see him. It didn't take him long to figure out who Callum was, though.

He slowly stood up and walked over to the bars, wrapping a hand around them as he peered at Callum with a sneer on his lips. His first thought was to be rude to him, but Taeral wasn't an idiot. Callum was different than his father. Perhaps if he played nice, he would set him free.

"Because I have changed. I have had a lot of time to think about my past behavior and how I was wrong." It was a lie, but Callum didn't need to know that. Taeral just wanted to get out. "Tell me, is Gregory dead?" He loathed the idea of playing nice to a human, but he wanted his freedom. There was no telling the shape his kingdom was in.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:00 am

"Yes, Gregory is dead. Thanks to an alliance with your son, I was able to overthrow him." Callum smirked knowing full well that Taeral would be surprised. "I'm no fool...you think im just going to free you and let you hurt someone... no. Im going to bind your magic and take you to your son. He'll decide your fate and judge you for your crimes. Especially your crimes against your eldest, Zelious." Callum glared at Taeral before looking to the elvish guards. "Bind his magic...." Callum said as he looked to the guards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 am

Taeral actually looked surprised to hear that his son had been partially responsible for the overthrowing of Gregory. "I see my son has been busy in my absence," He said, unable to deny that he was impressed. He had always hoped that Ailuin would turn out better than Zelious did. After all, his eldest had always been the rebellious one.

"Pity, I was hoping that you would fall for my lie but you are Gregory's son, after all." He sneered, though wasn't too worried about being brought to Ailuin. "Crimes against Zelious? I have committed no crimes against him. He was the one who committed a crime by laying with a human woman. He even fathered children with her. Disgusting. I did him a favor. They made him weak and distracted him from his duty."

He gave a nasty look to the elvish guards, but didn't try to fight them. He knew that he was outnumbered and being in this cell had already drained him of his magic. The only reason he hadn't escaped was because of the spell that had been placed on his cell.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:16 am

"Your son is married to my sister...how do you feel about that? They have three beautiful children. So if i were you, i would shut my yap if you want to see another day." Callum smirked as the elven guards bound his powers and used a spell to keep Taeral from moving so they could bind him in chains at the wrists and shackles on the ankles. Callum walked out of the dungeon and made sure to grab his teleportation device. Callum sighed as he activated it and nodded as the guards guided Taeral in before Callum and his guards followed after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:26 am

Taeral narrowed his eyes at that, not pleased at all. Was Ailuin really married to a human or was Callum messing with him? If this was the case, he had clearly gone wrong with Ailuin as well. He rather hoped that Callum was lying, though. He didn't say anything in response to that but glowered.

Meanwhile, Ailuin was currently in the throne room, attending to matters while Elayne was hiding away. Zelious was sat next to him, looking perplexed about why he was there to begin with while Ailuin didn't even pay it any mind. After the peasant left, Zelious looked at Ailuin. "Remind me again why I'm here?" He asked, looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here. Preferably with Elayne.

Ailuin looked up from a report he had just been handed by a guard and looked at his half-brother. "Because you are my brother, regardless of the fact that we do not share a mother. I felt it was appropriate to include you." Zelious frowned. "But why?" Ailuin sighed and lowered the report and opened his mouth to respond but stopped as a portal opened in front of them. However, it was who had just stepped out that caused him to drop the paper.

Although Taeral was dirty, Ailuin could still recognize his father's form. "Y-you.." He was cut off by the growl coming from beside him as Zelious jumped to his feet, pointing a finger at his father. "What the fuck are you doing alive?!" Zelious snapped, glaring at his father. Taeral sneered, looking at both of his sons. "Did I not banish you? Why are you here in the throne room?"

Ailuin stood up, moving to place a hand on Zelious's shoulder who looked ready to attack. "Calm yourself, Zelious." He then noticed Callum step in behind Taeral with his guards. "Callum... what is the meaning of this?" Zelious shrugged off Ailuin's hand. "Are you fucking mad? You should be focusing on that bastard instead of asking Callum that! Why is he still alive?!"
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:35 am

"It seems that Gregory beat us to the idea of a prison on that lone island. Apparently, my father had Taeral locked up in a cell. We found three elves in there too. Im not sure if there are more people." Callum said as his eyes moved to a form entering into the throne rrom. Elayne was wearing a dark green dress that was hiding her bump well to the average person. She wanted to get fresh air and accompany Ailuin but she halted at the sight. "Ailuin...whats going on?" Elayne said nervously as she stared at Callum and then the elf in chains. She froze at his eyes and hurried over to Zel and Ailuin but made sure to hold onto Ailuin tightly out of fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:45 am

Ailuin frowned at that as he eyed his father who didn't seem like he was going to volunteer any information. "I suppose that explains why we never found a body when he was supposedly killed in the war." He then glanced over at Zelious who began to pace, looking ready to attack Taeral. He didn't know if he would be able to stop Zelious from attacking Taeral.

As Elayne entered the room, Taeral looked at her and sneered. "So it is true. You married a human. Disgusting. I thought I raised you better, Ailuin." Ailuin moved Elayne so that she was standing behind him, blocking her from Taeral's sight as he looked at his father with anger.

"Excuse me? Raised me? You did not raise me. You dictated everything about my life and molded me into what you wanted me to be, father. A lot has changed since you went missing and you are no longer in charge. Guards, remove him from my sight and carry him to the dungeons until I have decided what to do with my father." As the guards moved to seize Taeral, Zelious looked at Ailuin in outrage.

"Are you insane? He needs to die for what he's done! Don't you even dare think about sparing him just because you're too soft to kill him." Ailuin glared at Zelious, not appreciating the disrespect. He looked ready to say something but stopped at the sound of Taeral's cold laughter.

"You two are pathetic. Arguing like a group of spoiled children. I am ashamed to have fathered the two of you." He then looked at Ailuin. "Where is your mother? I would love to see my wife again." Ailuin bristled at that. "You have no right to see her, father."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:57 am

Elayne stared in fright as she watched the interaction of Ailuin, Zel, and Taeral. She was amazed yet afraid of what may happen now that Taeral was alive. She held onto Ailuin's waist and watched as Taeral was dragged away before going to Zel. "Easy..." She tried to calm Zel as she gently rubbed his back.

"I think we should keep Taeral alive for now, in case he may know who else is in the dungeons." Callum sighed as he felt horrible for Zelious and Ailuin. "We need to call a family meeting..." Elayne said before her head begun to rush and she slowly was dropping to the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:06 am

Ailuin motioned for his father to be taken away, wanting him out of his sight and into the dungeons before his mother saw him. Ilayana did not need to see her husband before Ailuin could explain what had happened. Fortunately, she was enjoying some alone time with Aire. Which meant she was currently safe, as far as he knew. He just hoped she wouldn't chance upon him before he could be escorted to the dungeons.

Zelious didn't look like it, but he was trembling in rage. However, at Elayne's touch, he began to relax even though he was still angry. "Ailuin, you can't keep him alive. Not after all that he has done to us." Ailuin sighed and moved to sit down in his throne, shaking his head.

"No, Callum is right. He needs to be kept alive in case there are more dungeons with more captives. We might even be able to find out if our grandmother is alive. Uncle Indris wants to know where she is." He then looked at Elayne, nodding at her call for a family meeting. "You are ri-- Elayne!" He cut himself off as she began to drop, leaping to his feet to catch her but Zelious was faster and caught her before she could hit the ground.

"Elayne! Are you all right?" Zelious asked, looking worried. Ailuin walked over, looking worried as well. "I will call for a healer."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:15 am

Elayne felt Zelious catch her but she felt so very drained. These little ones...they drain me so much...so tired..." Elayne mumbled tiredly as she leaned into Zelious. Callum rushed over too and felt her head. "She's quite warm..." Callum sais with slight worry for his sister. "Elayne?" Callum said as Elayne didnt respond in Zel's arms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:19 am

Zelious lifted her up into his arms so that he was holding her bridal style against his chest, still gazing down at her with worry showing on his face. "I am going to bring her to her chambers. Ailuin, get that healer sent our way immediately." He didn't wait for a confirmation and rushed off, knowing that Elayne needed help right away.

Ailuin watched them go before calling for a servant to send for a healer. He then looked at Callum. "I am worried about her, Callum. She has not been feeling well lately. These children seem to be taking more out of her than when she was pregnant with the triplets. Could something be wrong?"
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:26 am

Callum sighed as he rubbed both sidez of his temple. "I dont know...I mean her stomach under her dress seems to have grown more rapidly than usual. Maybe the combination of Fae, dark, and high elf is too much for her? She seems like she may be due soon. Maybe with in a few weeks if she's growing this fast." Callum sighed in worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:30 am

"She has also been under a lot of stress lately, especially after finding out that her mother is still alive. Now she is going to be stressed that my father is still alive and will worry for the children." He sighed and shook his head before looking at Callum. "How long are you here for? I would like for you to attend the family meeting. You are, after all, family. Plus you were the one who found him."

It was a lot to take in. Ailuin had never suspected that his father might still be alive and now that he was faced with him? He didn't know how to react to that, but he was doing his best to remain strong. Still, he couldn't help but worry about his mother and his siblings. Especially Zaleria.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:40 pm

"I...I wish I could Ailuin but I matters to attend at home. Luckily, I brought a spare device to go back home. Lyra...she needs me. I expect her to be carrying my first born or at least soon she will so I'm trying to keep myself available to her needs." Callum said as he smiled bashfully. "On top of that, we've had some Snow Elf invasions in Shadesong territory. Quinton just joined the army, it is required by law that Princes are trained early in the army to understand war tactics. I'll never put him in action like father did to us unless he wanted to. Quinton also created a magical eye for himself with elvish magic so that relieves me. He's doing quite well, enjoying time with his peers and even impressed his mentors. He seems rather happy as of lately." Callum sighed with relief as he looked at Callum. "Leon...he's in recovery. We have him in a special rehabilitation place in Riverfloria. He's learning to deal with his problems instead of drinking... He's still slipping drinks but there are consequences now so he's learning..." Callum's expression fell a little.

"I know its hard but...after all this...please care for my sister. She's going to need you and the little ones to keep her sane. I know you don't have the same feelings but try please." Callum said as he couldn't help but hug his brother-in-law. "Hang in there..." Callum said before he started activating the portal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:38 pm

"I understand, Callum. Thank you for coming and I will keep you posted on your sister. I am sure she is just drained from the children and stress. I hope that you receive news soon of your wife bearing her first child." He patted Callum on the arm, smiling at his brother-in-law. He was pleased to know that things were going well for him. He then fell silent, listening as Callum gave him a recap of what was going on with his family.

"I am pleased to hear that everything seems to be in order with your family. Liam is doing quite well and has adjusted to fatherhood quite easily. He and my sister are overjoyed at their little one. Next time you come, you should visit them. And I know that Leon will get better in no time." He then nodded.

"I promise that I will take care of Elayne. I will not hesitate to support her in her time of need. Especially with this new development involving my father. I know she will be worried for the children while he is in the castle. Be well, brother." He hugged him back then stepped back to allow Callum to leave. Once he was done, he went off in search of his family to call for a family meeting.

Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Meanwhile, a healer was looking after Elayne while Zel acted like a paranoid mess. "Will you calm down, Zel? I'm fine. Its just a dizzy spill..." Elayne rolled her eyes as the healer giggled and continued to work on her. "She's just tired, you need to rest more my queen." The healer said as Elayne nodded. "Yes...i know. Its just hard to rest when your other 3 children are advancing more than you can handle. Belle is even starting to shift into animals. Its scaring me how fast they are growing." Elayne sighed as the Healer finished up and begun to walk away. "Rest, don't let her lift a finger." She winked to Zel before walking out. Belle crawled over to Zel and hugged his leg and tried desperately to pull herself up but she wasn't quite there yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum