Fields Of Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dreaded Arrangement

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

A Dreaded Arrangement  - Page 15 Empty Re: A Dreaded Arrangement

Post by Elle Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:32 pm

Ailuin sighed softly as Thalion began to cry, knowing that it would wake Elayne up. He gently moved out from beneath Elayne and moved to get up so that he could hurry over to his son's crib. "Shh, little one. You do not want to wake your mother," He said, picking him up.
Elle
Elle
Admin

https://fields-of-elysium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Thalion quieted down and hugged around Ailuin's neck. Belle giggled as she raised to her little feet to look at her father. "Adda!" She said as she held her stuffed snow leopard by the leg. Belle was accelerating a lot faster than the other two but they all were grown to almost be toddlers and they weren't even a year old. Fae children must grow much faster. Belle then made her doll float in the air and dance as she clapped and giggled gently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Ailuin held Thalion close, relieved that he had stopped crying. He didn't want Elayne to be woken up. She needed all the rest she could get. He turned to look at Belle, smiling softly at her. "Very nice, Belle." He was proud of her, of all of his children. It had taken him a bit to get used to them and he still struggled sometimes, but he wouldn't trade them for the world.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 pm

It wasn't long before Elayne arose from her slumber and smiled at Ailuin and Thalion. "Oh my sweet baby boy. Elayne stretched and walked over to kiss Thalion on the check as he giggled before moving over to Belle to pick her up as well. She lefted her out of the crib and smiled. "You all are getting too big, goodness me. I must make room for their nursery. They cant stay in these small cribs for long." Elayne sighed as Belle played with Elanye's hair. Elayne put Belle down to crawl around so she could change. "We should make ourselves present at breakfast. Servants will get suspicious and ask questions." She said with a yawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:08 am

Ailuin looked over at Elayne as she got up, a smile tugging at his lips. "I did not wish to wake you. Aisling is still asleep." He then glanced down at Thalion, kissing the top of his head before setting him down as well. He hoped Thalion wouldn't start crying again. It wouldn't be the first time he put his son down only for him to cry and want to be held longer. "You are correct." He then moved to his clothes and began to dress, sitting down in a chair once done in order to take his hair out of the braid and brush it.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:18 am

Elayne chuckled as she noticed Ailuin having a hair out of plac and some strands were still curly from the braid. "Allow me..." She giggled and brushed his hair gently for him and proceeded to braid both sides of his hair and connect them together into the center and down his head. "There, handsome. She smiled and returned to dress into a simple dark red green gown. It wasn't long before a wetnurse came in to care for the children while they were gone. Elayne hugged Ailuin's arm and allowed him to guide her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 am

Ailuin allowed her to take over in brushing his hair, not minding it one bit. In fact, it was rather soothing. Once she was done, he stood up and smoothed down his dark green clothing. As soon as the children were taken care of, he led her out of the room. "Are you going to speak with Zelious?" He asked, knowing that Zelious would be at the breakfast table. That was something he still wasn't used to.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 am

"Hmph...who?" She said in a catty tone and stiffened irritability. "I'm just going to enjoy my meal and watch over the children today..." Elayne said rather annoyed still. As they entered the dining hall Liam had been whispering sweet nothings to Vaeri's ear to make her giggle. Aire was now allowed to sit with the family since Ilayana announced their engagement. He was reading with one hand, already finished eating while wrapping an arm around Ilayana's waist. Elayne avoided eye contact with Zel and sat down in her seat for the queen to eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:36 am

Ailuin shook his head but didn't say anything in response to that. He was not about to get on the wrong side of his wife's temper. Vaeri couldn't help but giggle at Liam's words as she held Aria, but it didn't stop her from noticing Elayne and her brother. "Good morning!" She chirped before focusing back on her husband.

Ilayana stiffened at Elayne's approach but smiled at her son. "Good morning, darling. I hope you slept well." Zaleria was sitting at the table with Elas but there was no sign of Rosaria. Zelious looked at Elayne but was puzzled when she avoided eye contact with him. Was she seriously still mad?
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:05 am

Aire noticed Ilayana stiffen and rubbed her back to calm his fiancee as he read. Elayne didn't enjoy being ignored by Ilayana but just sighed as she garhered her food from the table. Elayne stared at it for a bit and poked at it with her fork. She the glared at the sausage and violently took a bite at it before hurrying to eat so she didnt need to be at the table. Her violent knife cutting and chomping on her food got Liam's attention and he looked at his sister with concern. "Elayne...are you alright? You seem tense..." Liam asked as Elayne shot him a look. "How observant of you...Oh no im fine. Ilayana clearly still hates me, you two are too wrapped up in your happy marriage to even care, Zaleria and Rosaria are still cold towards me, my relationship with my husband is a complete wreck, my children are growing faster than i can handle, Im pregnant, and ZELIOUS FUCKED ERNESSA! EVERYTHING IS JUST PERFECT!" Elayne said as the wals of decorations fell to the ground, no doubt because Elayne couldn't control her magic. Liam jumped at the loud noises and Aire slowly lowered his book from his face. "I'm sorry..." Elayne said before hurrying out of the room. Aire sighed as he pitied Elayne's position and knew it wasnt easy for her when things stressed her out. "No you sit down!" Aire turned to Zelious knowing he'd chase her. "Okay, family meeting now. I may not be married to Ilayana yet but damn it someone needs to take charge." Aire said as he sat up a put his book aside. "Elayne is feeling very alienated by you all. I think for once we need to talk about it. Too long has this family try to bury its issues. Its enough now." Aire said as Liam nodded. "I hate to agree but i do." He said shyly as he wrapped an arm around Vaeri.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:17 am

Ilayana relaxed as Aire began to rub her back, calming her down as she focused on sipping her morning tea. At Elayne's behavior towards her food, she tensed up again and sent her a look of disapproval, but didn't say anything. Vaeri looked at her sister-in-law in concern, worried about her. She flinched from the yelling and then immediately focused on her baby who was now wailing from the loud noises of Elayne's outburst.

Zelious got up to chase after her but sat back down at Aire's command, though it was obvious he still wanted to chase after her. He was embarrassed to have his dirty laundry aired out like that in front of the family. Ailuin sighed and rubbed his forehead to try and ward off his approaching headache. Zaleria glanced at Aire. "Rosaria isn't even here." Elas shot her a disapproving look. Ailuin looked up, shaking his head. "Aire is right. We need to stop trying to avoid issues like these. Elayne was just telling me last night how she was feeling alienated." He then looked at his mother, frowning.

"Mother, you have got to forgive Elayne. You have always told me to forgive and yet you cannot seem to do it for Elayne. She messed up. She knows it. You know it. We all know it. She is trying to make up for it and you will not even give her a chance." Ilayana frowned, looking displeased. "I--" Ailuin held up a hand, cutting her off. "Please, it is time for you to try as well. It is all I ask."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:33 am

Aire took Ilayana's hands in his and smiled gently. "Darling, Elayne has no mother and she looked up to you as her mother. You accepted to be her mother figure. She loves you dearly and i know in truth you adored her like she was one of your own. How many times have Zaleria, Rosaria, or Vaeri made grave mistakes that you were cross with them. You didn't stay mad at them forever did you? No, you moved on for their sake." Aire sighed as he kissed her forehead as he tried to make it clear he wasn't angry nor ganging up on her. "It know its hard, Elayne made serious errors in her decisions but what was she to do? She was born and raised as a slave not an equal. Even though you all told her she was free. The reality was she wasn't free. Ailuin i know this comes to a shock but you agreed to force Elayne into a marriage with you. Yes i know you had good intentions but Elayne didn't agree to this. Zelious is the only one who didn't force her to be anything onto her. You all are condemning her for truly loving someone who makes her happy." He sighed as he tried to explain Elayne's decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 am

Ilayana knew that Aire was right. He always had a way of saying the right things. She sighed and lowered her gaze, frowning. "I know, it's just hard. She really hurt Ailuin and I can't help but feel angry with her. I want to forgive her, I really do, and I know she didn't do it on purpose. But it's been hard. You're right, though. I need to try harder." Ailuin looked at Aire, frowning.

"I am not condemning her. I support her desire to be with Zelious even though it hurt me at first." He looked at Zelious who looked a little uncomfortable at the matter. "I hated you, but I do not think I do any longer."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:53 am

"I know that Ailuin. I'm speaking to the rest at the table." Aire nodded in agreement. "Zaleria, why do you push your family away. Don't think i haven't noticed. In fact you push Elayne's attempts to form a relationship with you more than anyone here. Even you and Liam have more of a mutual understanding since the incident you ratted him out for sneaking into Vaeri's chambers before marriage. But Elayne on the other hand. Believe it or not, Elayne is part of this family even after she separates from Ailuin. Zelious is still in this family which makes Elayne still a part of this family." Aire says as he looks expectantly at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:58 am

Zaleria looked annoyed at being called, her arms crossing over her chest. "I don't hate her if that's what you're implying." She then looked away, a soft look showing on her features, betraying the hurt that hid beneath. "I have trouble getting close to people after what my father did to me."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 am

Aire frowned and sighed as he walked around to kneel by Zal. He took her hands very gently and looked up at her. "Zaleria, your father is no longer here. When he hurt Zelious and banished him, i was heartbroken for him. When he hurt you, i hated him with every ounce of my being. I will not allow him hurt you again. I wont allow anyone hurt any of you again." He looked about the room before returning his gaze to Zal. "You have to learn to open up again... Living your life locked away and not trusting anyone isnt the way to live. Try...be the nrave girl i know you used to be. Because she is remarkable and i know you can find that girl inside you once again." He smiled at her and kissed her forehead before returning to sit with Ilayana. "No more burying things...no secrets. Taeral is gone. We shouldn't be afraid to be ourselves anymore. Ailuin rules us now and so far he has been the best king our people have had...be proud of who you are." Aire smiled at tjem and then look at Vaeri with a frown. He then looked at Ilayana. "No more secrets..." He sai to her knowing she'd know what he meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:18 am

Zaleria couldn't help but start crying, unable to hold it in any longer. For so long she had been holding it in and it felt good to let it out. Elas placed a hand on her back, gently rubbing it as she leaned against him for support. Ilayana looked at Aire, knowing what he was hinting at. She looked at Vaeri, sighing softly. "Vaeri, I- we have something to tell you, Aire and I. Taeral isn't your father." Vaeri gasped, looking surprised to hear that before a look of relief crossed her features.

"Oh thank the Gods...But wait, who is my father then?" She asked, confused as Ilayana looked to Aire, allowing him to finish explaining.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:31 am

"When your mother told me she was pregnant...we both knew Taerel wasn't the father. Taeral...drank a lot. He would go many nights passing out and not remembering the next day. I told Ilayana it was best to claim you as Taeral's for your safety. If Taeral knew you were mine...i don't want to think about it..." Aire looked away with tears in his eyes. "You don't know how hard it was for me to watch you grow from a distance...to not tell you that you were mine. I wanted to tell you the moment I held Aria in my arms. But i was afraid because of that monster!" Aire threw a glass in rage across the hall. Aire sat back down and cried softly himself. He held it in for years, he couldn't anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:34 am

Vaeri sat there, floored by the news. It was a relief to know that Taeral wasn't her father but she never would have imagined Aire was her father. But, it wasn't a bad thing. She gently handed her daughter to her husband and stood up, walking over to Aire and threw her arms around him. "I'm glad that you're my father."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:43 am

Liam was just as surprised but he didn't hesitate to take Aria from Vaeri as she passed Aria to him. He craddled her gently and kissed his daughter, so thankful he would never have to worry about something like Aire did. He pitied Aire for having to wait so long to tell his daughter she was his.

Aire didn't hesitate to pull in Vaeri for a close uug as he was filled with joy and sadness to finally hold his daughter. He couldn't help but cry as he rocked her in his embrace. As he calmed he then composed himself. "Im sorry...i have been dreaming of that moment forever... It overwhelmed me. He said as he let Vaeri go so she could breathe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:47 am

Vaeri couldn't help but get emotional as well, tears of happiness sliding down her cheeks as she held onto him, allowing him to hold her close. Taeral had never treated her as a daughter. So it was nice to be held by her true father. "Would you like to hold Aria?" She asked once they both pulled away, a smile on her lips.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:03 am

"More than you know." Aire sighed but then composed completely. "After we're finished, my dear." He gently cupped his daughter's cheek before pulling away. "Now, i also think you all should make an effort with Zel. He'll be gone to raise his children on his own soon. This is the time to spend time with him, learn from him. You all may learn to love him just like i did." He then looked to Zel. "I also need to get something off my chest. Zelious, I'm so sorry. I stood there...i knew about Taeral's orders to kill your family and i was a coward to not do anything. Back then....i felt so small but if i had tried to warn you or them...maybe they would still be here....i was a cowardly fool. Idris resented me for holding him back too...i feared what else would happen if we went against your father." Aire looked away ashamed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 am

Vaeri smiled and stood up, moving to return to her seat beside her husband. She wiped the tears from her face and remained quiet. Zelious looked up as the attention was suddenly on him and he felt uncomfortable but didn't let it show. He looked at Aire as he began to apologize and shook his head. "Don't. You don't have to apologize. My father would have killed you if you had warned me. He was a monster. Yes, I miss my family and I should have protected them better, but it's in the past. I don't blame you."
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 am

Aire nodded but sighed tiredly as he felt slight relief but very little. "As for Elayne, everyone stop bashing her pver the head for her mistakes. She's already suffering over it. She's trying. I mean she's giving up being a part of her child's life to stay with us and act her role as queen until Ailuin's children come of age. That is a lot for her to sacrifice. She doesn't need so much hate and disdain. Give her a break...please i beg you all." Aire said as he looked to Zel. "Go find her..." Aire allowed Zel to get up and leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elle Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:19 am

Zelious didn't hesitate to stand up, ready to go and find Elayne. He looked at each of them before turning on his heel and hurrying off to find Elayne. He wasn't sure where she was, but maybe she was with her children.
Elle
Elle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum